Old April 21st 05, 11:05 PM
Cecil Moore

Buck wrote:
Thanks, That's what I was looking for. so I can use the antenna with
1/4 - 3/4 or center loaded.

Note that is 1/4WL which is 1/6 distance (16.67%) from
the ends. It is *NOT* 1/4 of the antenna. Hint: There are
six 1/4WLs in a 3/2WL antenna.

Would the off-center setting create another resonant frequency for the
antenna?

Nothing changes much. The radiation pattern will favor the
long side of the antenna. Since the currents are unbalanced
there may be an abundance of feedline radiation.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP

Old April 22nd 05, 04:58 AM
Buck

Nothing changes much. The radiation pattern will favor the
long side of the antenna. Since the currents are unbalanced
there may be an abundance of feedline radiation.

Then, would the center feed be the best way to go?

--
73 for now
Buck
Old April 22nd 05, 11:08 AM
KC1DI

A 3/2 wave fed at 1/6 or 16.67 % off one end show low fairly Low SWR's
at the follow frequencies if the wire is cut to 3/2 W @ 7 MHz

7MHz , 9.25 mhz, 11.75mhz , 21.25 MHz (about 7:1 into 50 ohms) and 26
MHz .. These are if fed with 50 ohm line. .
Cheers 73 Dave kc1di