RadioBanter

-   -   ant coupler & silver mica ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/710-ant-coupler-silver-mica.html)

Dave Shrader November 7th 03 12:39 AM

Henry Kolesnik wrote:

Good and bad news..
I found my capacitance meter and measured the button and it's about 1500 pf.
The bad news is in my posting I transposed red and green and the correct
color sequence is: black, brown, green, red, gold, gray..
Black desigantes military, and 1500 pf by the next 3 but I still need to
know what the gold and gray designate..

SNIP

The standard code is ...
Black = 0
Brown = 1
Red = 2
Orange = 3
Yellow = 4
Green = 5
Blue = 6
Violet = 7
Grey = 8
White = 9
Gold = 5%
Silver = 10%

First color = 1st significant digit
Second color = 2nd significant digit
Third Color = decimal multiplier
Fourth Color = Tolerance
Fifth Color = Temperature Coefficient

Additionally, for mica capacitors the colors have position dependent
significance. For a Military mica capacitor the position sub-code is as
follows:

First dot = Black = designation as JAN Mica
Second dot = Brown = first significant digit = 1
Third dot = Green = second significant digit = 5
Second line, first dot = Red = multiplier = 100
Second line, second dot = Gold = 5%
Second line, second dot = Grey = voltage rating = 800 [8 = grey] volts DC.

All of above is as I recall from many, many years ago. [I stopped
detailed military design 25 years ago ...] Someone may have more info or
better recollection.

For a spec I'd look into the EIA specs or JAN-MIL-C series.

Good Luck & God Bless

Deacon Dave, W1MCE

Tolerance, temp coeff, and voltage but which 2 are designated and how?. Any
tips appreciated. A spec on this cplr would be appreciated.
tnx
hank wd5jfr