Old May 28th 05, 03:09 PM
Jef

Default UHF Antenna

Hi all!

my excuses if this is kinda of topic but allow me to ask you experts this
question.

Last week, a friend asked if I could fix him up with a "portable" antenna
for TV reception. He actually wants a portable antenna to use with his
portable computer, which contains a UHF receiver.

I already had this idea of making a groundplane receiving antenna out of a
connector (N-connector) and cutting the elements down to the exact size for
600 Mhz but this seems a stupid idea because the antenna is not solid at
all!

Does any of you have any suggestions?

73s
Pete

Old May 30th 05, 05:33 AM
Mr. Man with the Master Plan

TV is horizontal polarization

If your friend is after a certain channel , a simple 3 or more element yagi
can be made out of metal closehangers and peice of wood

a groundplane will work, but you might not get good results

"Jef" wrote in message
Hi all!

my excuses if this is kinda of topic but allow me to ask you experts this
question.

Last week, a friend asked if I could fix him up with a "portable" antenna
for TV reception. He actually wants a portable antenna to use with his
portable computer, which contains a UHF receiver.

I already had this idea of making a groundplane receiving antenna out of a
connector (N-connector) and cutting the elements down to the exact size
for 600 Mhz but this seems a stupid idea because the antenna is not solid
at all!

Does any of you have any suggestions?

73s
Pete

Imax ground plane question Vinnie S. CB 151 April 15th 05 05:21 AM
Discone antenna plans [email protected] Antenna 13 January 14th 05 11:51 PM
Yaesu FT-857D questions Joe S. Equipment 6 October 25th 04 09:40 AM
LongWire Antenna Jim B Shortwave 5 March 2nd 04 09:36 AM
EH Antenna Revisited Walter Maxwell Antenna 47 January 16th 04 04:34 AM