Old June 14th 05, 12:29 AM
Hal Rosser

Now if my spacecraft pulls up alongside, and I stomp it would you see my
dust?
(by the way, you have to use sub-space communication at that speed, since
there are laws against using electromagnetic devices near the speed of
light.)
And - do gravity waves travel faster than light ? Is that how to keep in
touch with the folks back home while on those space jaunts ?
;-)

"John Smith" wrote in message
I pictured this, I am in a spacecraft doing the speed of light, I key
the xmitter and begin a long winded rant, the antenna is monopole.

Now the signal leaving the rear of the antenna appears to be leaving it
at 2X the speed of light (allowing for the VF of space-ether), however,
the signal off the very front, at least the width of the antenna
conductor itself, cannot leave (since I am traveling at the speed of
light the signal appears to just stay on the surface of the
conductor)--what will happen?

Warmest regards,
John
--
Watching the cutting edge of yesterday replay--in virtual reality, right
before my eyes--in real time!

Old June 14th 05, 12:46 AM
John Smith

LOL Hal!!!

Yanno, there are rules and regulations covering spacecraft developing
the Horse Power to pass the speed of light (and I am jealous of your
hotrod!!!)--I may just have to turn you in to the "universal speed
cops!" grin

Warmest regards,
John

. ..

Old June 14th 05, 12:51 AM
Hal Rosser

Good point - maybe they're not privy to that info

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
But all hollow waveguides have a velocity factor greater than unity. Why
haven't the politicians taken advantage of it?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Hal Rosser wrote:
If the tranmission line between the transmitter and the antenna has a
velocity factor greater than unity, then you'll be able to hear yourself
before you say it. That could be useful for politicians.

Old June 14th 05, 12:57 AM
Hal Rosser

But on previous threads, I thought you said that speed was not a valid unit
for measure because speed depends on time, which depends on the spin of the
earth on its axis.

Old June 14th 05, 01:10 AM
John Smith

Hal:

You got me wrong, while the false perception of time IS encouraged by
"speed" (movement actually)... the reverse is NOT proof of time--I do
accept the fact that movement is real... movement is NOT dependent on
time... the "religious belief" in time is dependent on the
mis-interpretation of movement...

Warmest regards,
John

. ..

Old June 14th 05, 01:13 AM
Cecil Moore

Hal Rosser wrote:
Now if my spacecraft pulls up alongside, and I stomp it would you see my
dust?

Nope, your foot cannot move when you are traveling at the
speed of light. Neither can dust. Time stands still so
absolutely nothing happens.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old June 14th 05, 03:32 AM
Hal Rosser

OK - I stand corrected again.
So movement IS real, but time is not real. Speed depends on movement over a
distance in a measured time - so the 'speed of light' does not exist.
But it MUST exist - Einstein squared it.

"John Smith" wrote in message
Hal:

You got me wrong, while the false perception of time IS encouraged by
"speed" (movement actually)... the reverse is NOT proof of time--I do
accept the fact that movement is real... movement is NOT dependent on
time... the "religious belief" in time is dependent on the
mis-interpretation of movement...

Warmest regards,
John

. ..

Old June 14th 05, 03:52 AM
John Smith

The movement of light, mainly since it is so stable (however, light may
not move at the same speed in all corners of the universe--and under all
conditions) can be used to provide the human mind with the belief in the
myth of time...

Time to us is the rotation of the earth, measured in 1/24 units of a
full revolution, and fractions thereof.

Also, wwv and wwvh use atomic clocks, they count how many atomic
particles are lost in decay of radioactive elements to provide the myth
of time...

.... hourglasses use the rate of sand falling through a narrow opening...

.... clocks count the spinning of a gear or the frequency of a quartz
vibration...

.... time is movement/change... you cannot hold time in a bottle--you
CANNOT measure time--you only measure movement...

.... formulas which use time in them are just incomplete at the present
time, eventually a more accurate formula will be developed in many of
these cases...

.... those formulas which incorporate the movement of light might be
correct... that movement is real at least... (well, I think it is real
grin)

Warmest regards,
John

"John Smith" wrote in message
Hal:

You got me wrong, while the false perception of time IS encouraged by
"speed" (movement actually)... the reverse is NOT proof of time--I do
accept the fact that movement is real... movement is NOT dependent
on
time... the "religious belief" in time is dependent on the
mis-interpretation of movement...

Warmest regards,
John

. ..

Old June 14th 05, 02:55 PM
Cecil Moore

Hal Rosser wrote:
So movement IS real, but time is not real.

In Barbour's book, "The End of Time", both time and
movement are illusions. Change is real.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old June 14th 05, 06:41 PM
KAZeringue

What happens....

Relative to which frame of reference, and does it matter to
Schrodinger's cat?

W4KAZ