Old June 27th 05, 01:31 AM
Richard Harrison

Bob, W9MDK wrote:
"The above paragraph, however, was a rather difficult to ubderstand
reading,---."

I responded that the load would not accept volts and amps in a ratio
which does not fit its load impedance. Perhaps we should reason together
some more. The transmission line delivers power to the load at its Zo.
When the load impedance is different, there is a surplus of either volts
or amps. The surplus nust be reflected because the load can`t take it.
That`s all.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old June 27th 05, 03:01 AM
Richard Harrison

Bob, W9MDK wrote:
"Actually, your previous response was much more than I expected."

Bob Lay is a well known designer and author. I appreciate his criticisms
and comments as I appreciate those of Cecil, Ian, Richard C., Walter,
and others. I make mistakes and typos, but can`t blame the shakes. My
problems are fuzzy sight and forgetfulness. I`ve never taught, or
written for magazines or books. I`m just a perpetual student. I`ve
learned a lot here.

Thank you to all of you who have taught me much. I always read what Reg,
Roy, and Wes have to say. They are rich information sources. There are
many more great contributors, but I could not begin to name them all.

Some of the conflicts are roll on the floor funny. I thoroughly enjoy
them as an observer. Thanks for the memories.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old June 27th 05, 01:38 PM
Cecil Moore

Richard Harrison wrote:
Bob, W9MDK wrote:
"The above paragraph, however, was a rather difficult to ubderstand
reading,---."

I responded that the load would not accept volts and amps in a ratio
which does not fit its load impedance. Perhaps we should reason together
some more. The transmission line delivers power to the load at its Zo.
When the load impedance is different, there is a surplus of either volts
or amps. The surplus nust be reflected because the load can`t take it.
That`s all.

Another way of saying the same thing:

The mismatched load rejects voltage in the form of Vref and rejects
current in the form of Iref. Thus Vload is the phasor sum of Vfor
and Vref. Iload is the phasor sum of Ifor and Iref. The
result is that (Vfor+Vref)/(Ifor+Iref) = Zload.

If Z0 and Zload are purely resistive and Zload Z0 then:

Zload = (Vfor+Vref)/(Ifor-Iref)

Vfor and Vref are in phase, Ifor and Iref are 180 deg out of phase,
because we need a higher voltage and a lower current for RL Z0.

If Z0 and Zload are purely resistive and Zload Z0 then:

Zload = (Vfor-Vref)/(Ifor+Iref)

Vfor and Vref are 180 deg out of phase, Ifor and Iref are in phase,
because we need a lower voltage and a higher current for RL Z0.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Reflected Energy Cecil Moore Antenna 12 November 19th 04 10:01 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla General 0 July 22nd 04 12:14 PM
Current in antenna loading coils controversy - new measurement Yuri Blanarovich Antenna 69 December 5th 03 03:11 PM
Cecil's Math a Blunder Jim Kelley Antenna 34 July 27th 03 09:22 PM