Old November 11th 03, 05:29 PM
Scott Kelley

Default Where to find microwave (10-25 GHz) phased array help?

Looking for someone *experienced* in the design of phased array antennas at
or above 10-24 GHz. Need to consult on the potential for using a phased
array antenna in place of a horn antenna at 10.5 and/or 24 GHz.

Does anyone here have that experience, or can anybody refer me to someone?

Thanks,
Scott Kelley

PS I will try to check the newsgroup for replies, but if you could also
respond directly to my email, I would appreciate it.

Old November 12th 03, 04:31 AM
Crazy George

Scott:

Many of the microwave design shops have been disbanded or consolidated, and
I have not had direct contact with them in a few years, but Ball in Denver,
Raytheon in Falls Church (the old Melpar bunch), Hughes and TRW in the LA
area and AEL in Pa. all have built successful arrays in this frequency
range. I can't guarantee that any of them are still operational at this
point in time. Dimensional tolerances are the big problem, especially with
printed techniques as the substrate dielectric characteristics are not
uniform. CNC techniques have made all metal designs practical, finally.
Get recent copies of IEEE MTTS and look for authors of articles in the area
of interest.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address

Old November 13th 03, 01:36 PM
Nisse

Raytheon & c are still VERY active, however if You want professonal help
they might not be very co-operative. If You want amateur radio application help,

and happends to find an amateur working there, it is of course another
buissness...

Recommended reading IMHO are IEEE APS publications. The MTTS
publications are mora about the elecronics wihin the arrays...

N.