Old July 18th 05, 12:54 AM
larry

Default zepp antenna matchinig method

Greetings

I am looking for a schematic diagram of a zepp antenna, including the 1/4
matching line and and matchiing method of 50 ohm coax cable...

Are there any website which would show this?...

Larry ve3fxq

Old July 18th 05, 03:05 AM
W9DMK

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:54:10 -0400, "larry" wrote:

Greetings

I am looking for a schematic diagram of a zepp antenna, including the 1/4
matching line and and matchiing method of 50 ohm coax cable...

Are there any website which would show this?...

Larry ve3fxq

Dear Larry,

There's nothing to show - it's too simple for a picture. You just take
a 1/2 wavelength of horizontal antenna and you end-feed it from one
side of a piece of balanced line 1/4 wavelength long. You then link
couple that to the final tank coil and do your matching with the
swinging link and the tank circuit. No equations, no schematics or
pictures - just do it!

Bob, W9DMK, Dahlgren, VA
Replace "nobody" with my callsign for e-mail
w9dmkatcrosslinkdotnet
http://www.qsl.net/w9dmk
http://zaffora/f2o.org/W9DMK/W9dmk.html

Old July 18th 05, 10:31 PM
Cecil Moore

larry wrote:
I am looking for a schematic diagram of a zepp antenna, including the 1/4
matching line and and matchiing method of 50 ohm coax cable...

Larry, the Zepp was *never* designed to match 50 ohms. It was
designed to be used with tube final rigs which contained
built-in antenna tuners of one sort or another. Moral: A Zepp,
when used with 50 ohm transmitter, is going to require an
antenna tuner unless you are extremely lucky on one frequency.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old July 19th 05, 04:02 AM
W9DMK

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 02:05:56 GMT, (Robert
Lay) wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:54:10 -0400, "larry" wrote:

Greetings

I am looking for a schematic diagram of a zepp antenna, including the 1/4
matching line and and matchiing method of 50 ohm coax cable...

Are there any website which would show this?...

Larry ve3fxq

Dear Larry,

There's nothing to show - it's too simple for a picture. You just take
a 1/2 wavelength of horizontal antenna and you end-feed it from one
side of a piece of balanced line 1/4 wavelength long. You then link
couple that to the final tank coil and do your matching with the
swinging link and the tank circuit. No equations, no schematics or
pictures - just do it!

Bob, W9DMK, Dahlgren, VA

Perhaps, to do it justice, I should explain that my one and only
experience with a Zepp antenna was in a situation in which the 1/4
wave balanced line section was open wire feeders with about 6" spacing
and the transmitter used a pair of plate modulated, push pull 10's as
the final - link coupled, as I already mentioned. In those days no one
had a clue as to load impedances or conjugate matching. We had an RF
ammeter in the transmission line and we tuned everything for maximum
reading on that meter. Those were the days.

Old July 19th 05, 04:49 AM
BKR

There is no problem matching up a zep for a modern transciever.
Think of it as a J-pole with the long end bent over horizontally.
Short the bottom of the quarter wavelength section, and find a point
above that to match to 50 Ohms as seen on an antenna analyzer or bridge.

Should be easy.

larry wrote:

Greetings

I am looking for a schematic diagram of a zepp antenna, including the 1/4
matching line and and matchiing method of 50 ohm coax cable...

Are there any website which would show this?...

Larry ve3fxq

Questions -?- Considering a 'small' Shortwave Listener's (SWLs) Antenna RHF Shortwave 1 January 24th 05 09:37 PM
LongWire Antenna Jim B Shortwave 5 March 2nd 04 09:36 AM
Understanding Shortwave Radio Listening and Antenna Design and Construction RHF Shortwave 3 February 13th 04 07:16 AM
Outdoor Antenna and lack of intermod Soliloquy Scanner 11 October 11th 03 01:36 AM
CCIR Coefficients METHOD 6 REC533 // AUCKLAND --> SEATTLE http://CBC.am/ Shortwave 0 July 16th 03 08:21 AM