Old July 20th 05, 05:17 PM
Gio

Default Folded dipole for shortwave

I am looking for a folded dipole to be used on shortwave frequencies,
and I have "room" for up to 50 meters (160 ft) lenght.
Does someone know if there is something already built to be purchased?
And where?
With many thanks and kindest regards.
Gio'

Old July 20th 05, 08:53 PM
Old Ed

Hi Gio,

Try looking here for what you want:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/products/13

One possibility is this group (a bit expensive):

http://www.bwantennas.com/ama/bwcat.ama.htm

73, Ed

Old July 20th 05, 11:06 PM
Bob Miller

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:17:36 GMT, "Gio"
wrote:

I am looking for a folded dipole to be used on shortwave frequencies,
and I have "room" for up to 50 meters (160 ft) lenght.
Does someone know if there is something already built to be purchased?
And where?
With many thanks and kindest regards.
Gio'

Do a search for Alpha Delta. They make a variety of antennas, included
those specialized for shortwave reception. Very rugged construction.
Reasonable prices. (Used to have one of their SW slopers -- good
antenna.)

bob
k5qwg

Antenna Suggestions and Lightning Protection § Dr. Artaud § Shortwave 71 April 26th 05 04:14 PM
Folded Dipole Antenna gavin Antenna 13 April 23rd 05 07:49 PM
Wideband VHF Yagi - Do I have to use a folded dipole configuration? Richard Antenna 15 June 3rd 04 03:43 PM
Confirm the resonant frequency of this folded dipole Richard Antenna 6 May 30th 04 05:00 PM
Tuning a folded Dipole? ZL3VML Antenna 1 December 25th 03 12:10 PM