Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 25th 05, 03:04 AM
Ed

Default Short dipole - inductor question

I plan on building a short dipole (inverted V) for traveling in my tiny
RV. It will only be designed for 75M. The mast is 20' tall, and I wish
the legs to be about 24 feet each.

I still haven't decided where to place the inductors, but in any case, I
have a question about their design. This antenna will only be used at the
5 watt level with a FT-817 Yaesu; an LDG Z-11 tuner is also available, but
probably not needed.

If I make my 75M dipole legs for about 24 feet long, then I figure I
will need about 70 uH inductors if they are center located.

My Question: What would be the requirement for a 70 uH inductor that
only needs to work with 5 watts? Do I need open air inductor with spacing
between windings, or would a smaller multi wound coil with insulated wire
suffice?

Thanks for any opinions on this.

Ed K7AAT