Old July 28th 05, 12:35 AM
John Smith

Ham op:

I don't even enjoy chat with male ops! I like a nice female voice, either
am/ssb/fm with an aussie or british accent...

Contacts for the sake of contacts?
List of countries I "want" to chat with?
Number of contacts?

Naaa, none of the above interest me, they did when I first got my license--but
soon (over a year or two) tired of that...

Hey, what can I say....

Perhaps I am not your "normal" ham... ya think? grin

John

"Ham op" wrote in message
John Smith wrote:

SNIPPED

Long live amateur radio, and long stay dead the key...

John

John, I don't know if you do serious DX. But, I will witness that DX on CW is
a heck of a lot easier and faster than on SSB.

As long as there is 'exotic DX' CW will live.

Old July 28th 05, 12:36 AM
Jim Kelley

Ham op wrote:

John Smith wrote:

SNIPPED

Long live amateur radio, and long stay dead the key...

John

John, I don't know if you do serious DX.

I suspect that "John" is not supposed to use his station to transmit
more than 150 miles.

ac6xg

Old July 28th 05, 01:25 AM
John Smith

Jim:

Interesting.

Do you do psychic consultations also?

If so, life must be tough trying to be an accurate psychic!

A twelve year old could mount a better attempt on my anonymity. Even sharpened
insults are thwarted by this old elephants hide...

ROFLOL...

John

Old July 28th 05, 01:33 AM
John Smith

.... I maintain dual citizenship (cb/amateur)

If you ask who are the most fun? CB'ers!

If you ask who is the most helpful on the highway? Truckers!

If you ask the most interesting evening chat? Local CB'ers!

If you ask, who there are the most of in my city? CB'ers!

Now, if you ask what is the best method of communications?
THE INTERNET and MSN chat, yahoo chat, IRC chat, webcam chat, newsgroups, etc,
etc....

Hey, you know all of this, look where you are!

.... some of this is a real no-brainer yanno...
grin

John

Old July 28th 05, 02:26 AM
Fred W4JLE

I don't remember ever seeing anyone acuse you of being normal.

************* Snipped ****************

Old July 28th 05, 02:39 AM
John Smith

Fred:

Thanks. Well, I am just paranoid, in constant fear of being accused... :|

John

Old July 28th 05, 02:46 AM
John Smith

David:

Actually, I miss ya bud...

.... come back!

John

"David G. Nagel" wrote in message
John;

No more comments from me.

Dave WD9BDZ

John Smith wrote:

label the frequency determining elements?

Why the xtal and any associated coil or cap used to "pull" the freq in the
cmos oscillator... or the pin you take the signal out of on of the
decade/hex/octal freq divider...

errr, oh wait, you are speaking of the ancient stuff from museums!
That is simple, the crystal (if present) and/or coil and cap...

hey, you didn't sneak a freq doubler in behind that osc, did ya?

geesh... any cber would know that, well, after he read it...

and you ain't sneaky and tryin' to run off a harmonic of that osc, are ya?

ROFLOL!!!!

John

"Fred W4JLE" wrote in message

and label the frequency determining elements. At least that is how I
remember it...

"David G. Nagel" wrote in message

Draw a Colpitts Oscillator

Dave WD9BDZ

Old July 28th 05, 04:18 PM
Caveat Lector

Just out of curousity -- what modern Ham gear uses a Colpitts oscillator or
a swinging choke ??

Then why ask these questions on a 2005 Ham test ??

Maybe ask about a VCO or a crowbar circuit ??

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Someone wrote

Draw a Colpitts Oscillator
What is a swinging choke

Old July 28th 05, 05:15 PM
Caveat Lector

A PLL question is on the extra exam See question
E7D07

--

"John Smith" wrote in message
How about PLL?

John

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
Just out of curousity -- what modern Ham gear uses a Colpitts oscillator
or a swinging choke ??

Then why ask these questions on a 2005 Ham test ??

Maybe ask about a VCO or a crowbar circuit ??

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Someone wrote

Draw a Colpitts Oscillator
What is a swinging choke

Question pools and answers... John Smith Policy 3 July 26th 05 01:24 AM
FCC Morse testing at 16 and 20 WPM Avery Hightower Policy 196 July 30th 04 01:25 AM
New Candidate for 'Youngest Extra' N2EY Policy 310 April 19th 04 03:18 AM
New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM