Old August 17th 05, 09:55 PM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
The apache american Indians measured their greatness in the greatness of
their enemies, may you be fortunate enough to secure BIG ONES!

Since you were the first to be "ploinked", you can be
president of the club. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old August 17th 05, 10:03 PM
John Smith

Cecil:

OMG! You mean this is a popularity contest?

Darn, I must be in the wrong building... yanno, the "50's" are a hard
time. The youngsters don't wanna hang with ya, and the oldsters move away
from ya too... only hope, more 50'ies types!

John

Old August 17th 05, 10:05 PM
Cecil Moore

Reg Edwards wrote:
Roy, you don't like me, do you?

Reg, if he really doesn't like you, he will "ploink" you,
akin to being shunned by your religious sect (a fate worse
than death). :-) If you do succeed in getting "ploinked",
you can join our prestigious club (but not before). What
I did to get "ploinked" was to say that an antenna is a
"distributed network", not a "lumped circuit". Who knows,
maybe that would work for you also to get "ploinked"?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old August 17th 05, 10:16 PM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
Cecil: OMG! You mean this is a popularity contest?

Obviously, it is. If you get "ploinked" by the gurus, it means
you are "lower than the lowest layer of whale cagada in the
deepest part of the ocean". That's what I was as a freshman
at Texas A&M in 1955 and that's what I am still today on this
newsgroup, half a century later. But even though you were "ploinked"
first, I hold the record for being "ploinked" by the most gurus. But
you can be president anyway. "Vice"-president has a certain ring to
it that appeals to my dark side. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old August 17th 05, 10:36 PM
John Smith

Cecil:

You know, that wasn't right, I just passed that off with such a "frivolous
air."

It is a shame to see one erect him/herself as a "God", intolerant,
commanding and shoving a stone tablet into your hands. Removing
themselves to a "throne" which none can visit (debate, argument, learning)
except if commanded (allowed?) to do so.

(must make it difficult to sit down, for the "God" I mean, attempting to
take a seat with multiple lips stuck to yer bottom! Poor bugger! grin)

What causes this to occur I really can only guess at, best guess is
blinded by the light of their own ego, but may affect the elderly more-so
than other groups, we all need to be aware, we will all be there...

I understand and pity them, have seen the same within my immediate
family... frown

Sorry, but amateur radio is meant to be a hobby (at least one use of it
is!), I don't think it is a crime to have a bit of fun either. Amateur
radio assuming a "pseudo-military" air ruins its' use to many and attracts
far too many with a rigid, disciplinarian and warrior mentality...

And, sorry again, I see newsgroups as a "social cocktail party", or a
"town hall meeting", not a church where you worship gods and get a sermon
by a priest... of course, my demeanor here has all ready given that
away--most likely... I like the complex and intricate here--your
arguments along with richards' and others are appreciated (you cause me
to dig out my programmable calculator and follow along), and the
practical is much appreciated too, even the "unconventional" challenging
the accepted is/are good for brain food...

Old August 17th 05, 11:02 PM
John Smith

Cecil:

You obviously have a deeper/better understanding of many antenna,
feed-line, etc. workings, so does Roy, so does Richard, so do many more, I
can live with that--if you guys didn't--I'd leave! I may kid you guys,
but we all know...

I will accept you are also the "Master of the Plonk" too, but I am gaining
momentum, give me some time man!

I barely was able to grab the "plonk lead" on Reg, already the man is
breathing down my collar! I fear he may gain an additional plonk any day
now!

But, one good thing, when in "Plonk Purgatory", the gods cannot see you...
Frankly though, I don't trust 'em, I get the feeling they peek now and
then, I would, would not you? grin

John

Old August 18th 05, 03:57 PM
John Smith

Ham op:

You suppose I am going to end up wishing that, and all too soon?

As long as I was wishing I was younger, I was really concentrating on 21!
There was something about the girls back then I liked... grin

John

Old August 18th 05, 05:25 PM
Fred W4JLE

At least in the day, women looked like women with hips and soft curves.
Today the "ideal" woman looks like a young boy, no shape and a hard body...
Yuk!

And to think it all started with Twiggy.

news

Old August 18th 05, 05:34 PM
John Smith

Fred:

You bring a tear of remorse over past times to my eye.

Remember "Laugh-In" with Dan and Dick, Artie, Goldie, Ruth?

John