Old November 16th 03, 11:05 PM
Wes Stewart

Default Position control.

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:12:35 +0100, "Géry Duyck"
wrote:

|What's the easiest way to attach a variable resistor
|to your rotor, or outside tube, for an elevation motor?
|
|Does anyone have experience with this ?

Yes.

The way I did it was to mount the body of the pot to the horizontal
tube and install a weight on the shaft. Gravity will keep the weight
pointed at the center of the Earth thus holding the shaft in a fixed
position while the body of the pot rotates around it.

Weatherproof as necessary.

Wes N7WS

Old November 17th 03, 01:52 AM
Tarmo Tammaru

Wes,

I have been saving an old U100 rotor for possible elevation control, and
never thought to use anything other than the stock controller. Your idea
really makes a lot of sense. Glad I read this thread before going the
clackety clack route.

Tam/WB2TT
news

Old November 17th 03, 08:13 PM
Floyd Sense

Nothing wrong with using the U100 controller as-is. I used a pair of them
for a year or so working the earlier Oscars and had no problems tracking the
moving satellites with the U100.

K8AC