RadioBanter

-   -   80 meter loaded vertical versus 80 meter loaded dipole ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/76682-80-meter-loaded-vertical-versus-80-meter-loaded-dipole.html)

Ham op August 30th 05 05:19 PM

Cecil Moore wrote:

SNIPPED

It appears to me that you may be confusing "balance" with "matching".
Those words have very different definitions.

A balanced 50 ohm antenna fed with coax and having an SWR of 1:1 is
matched but unbalanced and is likely to radiate from the feedline.

A balanced 50 ohm antenna fed with 600 ohm balanced line and having
an SWR of 12:1 is unmatched but balanced and is not likely to radiate
much from the feedline.

Yep!! Love that high VSWR! Tuned feeders for 50+ years and they still
work fine.

Richard Harrison August 30th 05 06:14 PM

Wes, W7WS wrote:
"--it`s Fractenna come back to haunt us."

Wes is very funny. Happy Halloween!

Dr. Cohen knows the difference between balance and matching, so I don`t
think it`s him.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Fred W4JLE August 30th 05 07:02 PM

Let opprobrious dogs lie... :)

"Wes Stewart" wrote in message

I think I've got this guy figured out; it's Fractenna come back to
haunt us.