Old August 27th 05, 05:18 PM
Fred W4JLE

100 foot of wire on 1700Khz is not a correct length antenna. It is unlikely
that your "part 15" device is matched to the new antenna, and may be worse
than the legal antenna that came with it.

You did not mention what you were using as RF ground.

"Pirate Radio" wrote in message
ok guys the station is on the air i set the freq on 1700. and a very
long wire ant . about 20 ft high over 100ft of wire damm took most of
the day to set the post in i could only put in a big loop had my other
pirate pal to help me take care out there in radio land from alabama
radio

Old August 27th 05, 05:34 PM
Richard Clark

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:18:48 -0400, "Fred W4JLE"
wrote:
100 foot of wire on 1700Khz is not a correct length antenna. It is unlikely
that your "part 15" device is matched to the new antenna, and may be worse
than the legal antenna that came with it.

Genetic self-thinning mechanism.
You did not mention what you were using as RF ground.

Wait till he finds out about 120 wires each 250 feet long. ;-)
Old August 27th 05, 05:45 PM
John Smith

PR:

Explore 1/2 wave antennas, you can load then with an inductance(s) to
achieve the 1/2 wave electrical length, and they will work against a
minimal counterpoise (chain fence, spare travel trailer you have parked
around, metal shed, etc, etc....)

Long, long ago I ran a pirate am broadcast station using an old 50 ft. tv
mast with loading coils and a heavily modified gamma match which used
in the most favorable direction running 100+ watts though an old military
transmitter... back then there were many pirate stations around...

John

Old August 27th 05, 07:37 PM
Pirate Radio

i said over 100ft damm man chill out also i can use the ant for my
shortwave also so by

Old August 27th 05, 08:11 PM
Fred W4JLE

Hmmm! You come in asking for advise, and when given same you get defensive
and profane... Next time ask your question in
rec.idontwantanyonetodisagreewithwhatihavealreadyd one.mymindisclosed

Old August 27th 05, 09:57 PM
Ham op

A 187 foot vertical will suit your needs much better.

Add 120 300 foot long radials around the base of the antenna in a fanned
out configuration and we will know you are really serious!

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Phone line as SW antenna [04-Apr-00] William Mcfadden Shortwave 1 January 1st 04 06:05 PM
Phone line as SW antenna [04-Apr-00] William Mcfadden Shortwave 0 October 1st 03 07:59 AM
Phone line as SW antenna [04-Apr-00] William Mcfadden Shortwave 0 July 1st 03 07:46 AM