Old August 23rd 05, 09:19 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

Default source for large bags of Epsom salts for electrolytic grounding system (E PA area or nearby)

Hi,

I'm installing an electrolytic grounding system (1-1/2" perforated copper
pipe in trenches filled with bentonite), but I've been having difficulty
finding large bag quantities of Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) to use to
"dope" the soil.

If anyone can point me to a supplier in E PA or nearby, I'd appreciate it.

--
73,
Carl R. Stevenson - wk3c

Old August 23rd 05, 09:53 PM
Tim Wescott

Carl R. Stevenson wrote:

Hi,

I'm installing an electrolytic grounding system (1-1/2" perforated
copper pipe in trenches filled with bentonite), but I've been having
difficulty finding large bag quantities of Epsom salts (magnesium
sulphate) to use to "dope" the soil.

If anyone can point me to a supplier in E PA or nearby, I'd appreciate it.

Check your local feed store -- when horses and cows go lame they need
larger amounts than you or I do.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Old August 23rd 05, 10:08 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

Thanks ... I'll check around the local feed stores.

Any other suggestions from others would still be welcome.

Old August 23rd 05, 11:17 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

Thanks Chuck ... must be a new listing ... last time I "googled" I didn't
find it.

--
73,
Carl R. Stevenson - wk3c
Grid Square FN20fm
http://home.ptd.net/~wk3c
Life Member, ARRL
Life Member, QCWA (31424)
Member, TAPR
Member, AMSAT-NA
Member, LVARC (Lehigh Valley ARC)
Member, Lehigh County ARES/RACES
Fellow, The Radio Club of America
Senior Member, IEEE
Member, IEEE Standards Association
Chair, IEEE 802.22 WG on Wireless Regional Area Networks
"chuck" wrote in message
.net...
Hello Carl,

Try Google for this kind of question!

Found this link offering 50 lb. bags @ $45/bag.

http://www.saltworks.us/shop/product.asp?idProduct=255
Epsom Salt

Good luck.

Chuck

Old August 23rd 05, 11:52 PM
Junior Member

Location: East Texas

Also cheeck you local garden supply for copper sulfate. It works even better doWn here in Texas. Also known aS BLUESTONE.

Old August 24th 05, 03:50 AM
Irv Finkleman

"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote:

Hi,

I'm installing an electrolytic grounding system (1-1/2" perforated copper
pipe in trenches filled with bentonite), but I've been having difficulty
finding large bag quantities of Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) to use to
"dope" the soil.

If anyone can point me to a supplier in E PA or nearby, I'd appreciate it.

--

Just buy the salt for water-softerners. It's readily available and
probably cheaper.

Irv VE6BP
--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001