Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 7th 05, 03:02 PM
CD

Default Dummy Load experience?

Hi all,

I'm curious about dummy loads. I read that ideally dummy loads convert
RF energy into heat, but I'm sure in the real world, there will still
be a small amount RF energy transmitted.

My friend tried using a dummy load on a 300W transmitter. He was only
running it for a few mins at the VHF range, but he was picking up a
signal 100 ft away. Is that typical?

What's your experience on dummy loads? Were you able to pick up a
signal, as well, with this type of distance?

I don't know much about dummy loads, but I think that 100ft is just a
tad bit too far, no?

F.A. 600 Watt Continuous Dummy Load - Microwave Devices 636C N [email protected] Swap 0 August 14th 05 09:17 PM
Dummy Load FS Bryan Swap 0 February 16th 05 10:08 PM
FS: Dummy Load & HT Test Set Walter Treftz Equipment 0 December 18th 03 03:32 PM
FS: Dummy Load & HT Test Set Walter Treftz Equipment 0 December 18th 03 03:32 PM
FS: Dummy Load & HT Testset Walter Treftz Boatanchors 0 December 18th 03 03:31 PM