Old November 19th 03, 08:33 PM
Cecil Moore

Default 80 meter loop feed point ?s

Richard wrote:
Any comments or critiques appreciated

FYI, It is against netnews guidelines to post binaries to an
ASCII-only newsgroup like rec.radio.amateur.*.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old November 20th 03, 06:49 AM
Rick Frazier

Richard:

I don't know why it would be a problem, as the amount of "loop back" is a very
small portion of the loop. Similar looping is done on a number of antenna
types to connect to strain insulators without noticeable effect.

As the wire is already insulated, the function of the insulator is merely
strain relief, and it could have been made of nearly anything that is
non-porous and non-metallic without significant effect on the antenna
performance.

-_Rick AH7H

Richard wrote:

I recently put up a 80 meter horizontal loop. I was given a 1000' roll
of "Tuff-Hide super flex" wire which is a #14 wire with a very thick
insulation, spec'd to 15 kv which is what the loop is made of. I used a
screw in knob insulator as the feed point insulator, I needed something
strong due to windy conditions. In attaching the wires to the insulator
I looped the wires through the insulator and doubled them back on
themselves and then used tie wraps to hold the wire in place. SEE
ATTACHMENT. So far the antenna has worked well. My question is - Is
there a problem in my feed point?, looping the wire back on itself. The
wire is very tough which is needed here but it also doesn't leave many
options for attaching it to a feed point insulator.

Any comments or critiques appreciated

Richard / N5YPJ

Distance to Link Coupling in a Loop Antenna Al Antenna 6 October 28th 03 12:02 AM
Smith Chart Quiz Radio913 Antenna 315 October 21st 03 05:31 AM
Feed Point for Delta Loop Sgordon Antenna 0 July 14th 03 01:08 PM