Old September 24th 05, 11:31 PM
joey

Default The Tower still standing ????

http://deepsouthnet.net/tower.html

Wonder if this tower is still standing,
with guy cables anchored to oak trees
and one telephone pole ??

Old September 24th 05, 11:40 PM
gb

"joey" wrote in message
http://deepsouthnet.net/tower.html

Wonder if this tower is still standing,
with guy cables anchored to oak trees
and one telephone pole ??

No indication of loss.
Little activity on his message forum (web site) after August 5th.
September 1st AD5TH posted this message:

AD5TH is QRV..NO DAMAGE..Power, phone and water restored Sept 1,2005

I will be calling Roll Call tonight for the Deep South Net.

Charlie - AD5TH
Website: www.ad5th.com
---------------------
I assume that means he lost electric, phone and water services due to
Katrina.

gb

Old September 24th 05, 11:44 PM
Fred W4JLE

Let me suggest you head down there and watch the darn thing. Why are you so
fixated on this guys tower?

Are you simply waiting with baited fingers to type "Nah, Nah, I told you
so"?

I do note that a number of built to good engineering practice, inspected,
infected, dejected towers of various radio station came down...

Old September 25th 05, 02:24 AM
Charlie

Dunno Joey..lemme go outside and see.

Yup still standing..as if you really cared except to revel if it were to
come down.....

--

Charlie

Old September 25th 05, 01:53 PM
John Ferrell

There are a lot of us out here who share your confidence in your
tower.

I am still using a crank up mast that I purchased in 1979(?). The
mechanics of this thing are more related to a sailboat than a
mountain. I count on it moving when the wind blows to "unload".

It is currently installed without guys and has a Cushcraft A3S on it
so it spends most of its time retracted..
-- John de W8CCW