RadioBanter

-   -   UWB pulse signal has no DC? Why? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/78932-uwb-pulse-signal-has-no-dc-why.html)

ml September 29th 05 01:14 AM

Iok so i am confused on a few things

the photo part

so regardless of weither or not there is or isn't ac or dc , when i
xmit (ham or other freq's) are photons being generated??

where would they be?? nearfield? around the antenna?

how would i measure the presence/qty of such??

the other thing i got fuzzy on

static polar field as Mr. clark mentions so why does the battery
produce it /how?? are you referring to the fact that is has 'mass' and
therefore.... or did i miss the obvious

thanks

fuzzylogic
fuzzynavels
fuzzypeaches

Richard Clark September 29th 05 01:58 AM

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 00:09:38 GMT, Cecil Moore wrote:

Steady-state DC is incapable of generating coherent photons from an antenna.

My Flashlight does it every time. Maybe you need new batteries.

What you DON'T say is what you are using for an antenna for those
photons. It would be ridiculous to use a 20M dipole. Maybe you don't
have the right antenna.

Gene Fuller September 29th 05 02:29 AM

Cecil Moore wrote:

[snip]

Steady-state DC is incapable of generating coherent photons from an
antenna.

Cecil,

Have you ever heard of a laser diode? You may well use one every day.
Billions of them are made every year for CD players and many other gadgets.

DC goes in; coherent photons come out.

This item is actually a transducer in which electromagnetic fields in a
conductor are converted to electromagnetic fields in space.

Hmmmm, sounds a lot like the function of an antenna.

73,
Gene
W4SZ

Cecil Moore September 29th 05 04:26 AM

Richard Clark wrote:

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 00:09:38 GMT, Cecil Moore wrote:
Steady-state DC is incapable of generating coherent photons from an antenna.

My Flashlight does it every time. Maybe you need new batteries.

Your flashlight is NOT generating DC coherent photons.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Cecil Moore September 29th 05 04:31 AM

Gene Fuller wrote:
DC goes in; coherent photons come out.

An RF antenna emits photons coherent with the RF supply frequency.
An LED does not emit photons coherent with the DC supply frequency
and neither do flashlights. This is what I have been trying to say.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Tom Donaly September 29th 05 04:35 AM

ml wrote:

Iok so i am confused on a few things

the photo part

so regardless of weither or not there is or isn't ac or dc , when i
xmit (ham or other freq's) are photons being generated??

where would they be?? nearfield? around the antenna?

how would i measure the presence/qty of such??

the other thing i got fuzzy on

static polar field as Mr. clark mentions so why does the battery
produce it /how?? are you referring to the fact that is has 'mass' and
therefore.... or did i miss the obvious

thanks

fuzzylogic
fuzzynavels
fuzzypeaches

Don't listen to these guys. They're changing the subject by changing the
scale of the argument in order
to digladiate with one another. The truth is, that if an antenna really
differentiates a signal so that what it radiates is based on the rate of
change of the original signal, then the DC part of the original signal
won't contribute to the radiation because the rate of change of a
constant(the DC part)is zero. It isn't any more complicated than that.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

Richard Clark September 29th 05 06:04 AM

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 03:26:28 GMT, Cecil Moore wrote:
Your flashlight is NOT generating DC coherent photons.

Mine does. Like I said, yours probably needs batteries, or perhaps it
is suffering a dimbulb behind the on/off switch.

Richard Clark September 29th 05 06:05 AM

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 03:31:58 GMT, Cecil Moore wrote:
This is what I have been trying to say.

If you understood what you were saying, you would probably stop saying
it.

Cecil Moore September 29th 05 07:56 AM

Richard Clark wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 03:26:28 GMT, Cecil Moore wrote:
Your flashlight is NOT generating DC coherent photons.

Mine does. Like I said, yours probably needs batteries, or perhaps it
is suffering a dimbulb behind the on/off switch.

Assuming your flashlight does generate photons with a frequency
of zero Hz, how do you detect them?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Asimov September 29th 05 03:31 PM

"Cecil Moore" bravely wrote to "All" (27 Sep 05 22:14:43)
--- on the heady topic of " UWB pulse signal has no DC? Why?"

CM From: Cecil Moore
CM Xref: core-easynews rec.radio.amateur.antenna:217466

CM Harry wrote:
Would someone please explain that for me?

CM DC steady-state does not cause electrons to emit photons.
CM For RF photons to be emitted from a copper wire dipole, the
CM free electrons must be accelerated and decelerated. The DC
CM component cannot accomplish that feat.

Very true on the macro scale but even a DC potential becomes
discontinuous at a microscopic level. Remember that there is a
distance between atoms, electrons, molecules and are not continuous.
How is it done except if not by photons, virtual or otherwise, whether
the context is AC or DC?

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Pandora's Law: Never open a box you didn't close yourself