Old October 9th 05, 09:52 PM
LRod

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:07:51 +1300, "Ken Taylor"
wrote:

It may be a fine project which will produce the goods, but let's look at the
way you've brought it he
- you wanted help to get up a truck-mounted transmitted to over-ride all
AM/FM communications in an area. You wanted to drive the truck at up to
70mph through a disaster/emergency area, for no adequately explained reason
(the RF is going for a mile or two outside the area, so why drive the
truck?). You got told why it's impractical as described.
- you suddenly changed it to a loco mounted project. You struck gold on this
one as there are people here who clearly have industry experience. You're
not poo-poo'ing their skepticism, but certainly not fazed (may not be a bad
thing....). Why not pour the funds into controlling all these uncontrolled
level crossings instead of producing a 'box' to go on every loco that may
drive through the US?

It struck me from the very beginning as a solution looking for a
problem.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Old October 10th 05, 05:04 AM

It struck me from the very beginning as a solution looking for a
problem..

Hummmm...I haven't read any of this thread, and after seeing
the initial page, decided it wasn't worth my time..."Not related
to any certain post". I was just curious , as the thread title started
to remind me of a old "Jethro Tull" song... Resume...
MK

Old October 10th 05, 07:10 AM
Wayne P. Muckleroy

Is this guy done, now?

"Ari Silversteinn" wrote in message
DHS has proposed a change in scenario. They want an on locomotive alerting
system that could be commandeered and driven at, near or about a disaster
site. Everything else stays more or less the same, overbroadcasting on
local AM/FM, power off the locomotive, selective or full frequency
broadcasting, train (s) to be in motion at all times. 20-30 second
messages
that would also combine a message to be aware that a locomotive (at speed)
will be flying by the at grade crossings.

Comments?
--
Drop the alphabet for email

Old October 10th 05, 03:43 PM
Ari Silversteinn

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 06:10:28 GMT, Wayne P. Muckleroy wrote:

Is this guy done, now?

We were until you reopened the thread, Wayne.

duh.
--
Drop the alphabet for email

Old October 10th 05, 03:45 PM

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 21:52:26 +0100, LRod wrote:

It struck me from the very beginning as a solution looking for a
problem.

The you failed to read the thread.
Old October 10th 05, 06:27 PM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:45:05 -0400, w
wrote:

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 21:52:26 +0100, LRod wrote:

It struck me from the very beginning as a solution looking for a
problem.

The you failed to read the thread.

No, Ari, that was not a requisite to come to that understanding.
Old October 10th 05, 06:31 PM
LRod

wrote:

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 21:52:26 +0100, LRod wrote:

It struck me from the very beginning as a solution looking for a
problem.

The you failed to read the thread.

I read every post.

Old October 10th 05, 09:14 PM
Ari Silversteinn

wrote:

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 21:52:26 +0100, LRod wrote:

It struck me from the very beginning as a solution looking for a
problem.

The you failed to read the thread.

No, Ari, that was not a requisite to come to that understanding.

Uh, this wasn't Ari, check your headers.
--
Drop the alphabet for email
Old October 10th 05, 09:20 PM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:14:24 -0400, Ari Silversteinn
wrote:

Uh, this wasn't Ari, check your headers.

Uh, and neither are you (as if headers proved anything)

Hi Ossama,

Hard to validate yourself when you approach us an anonymous poster
(anyone can use anything as a signature). Problem there is I can pin
any name to you, and you couldn't prove it otherwise - can you? ;-)

still lookin' for ya'
Uncle Sam