Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 9th 05, 02:52 AM
Owen Duffy

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 01:31:54 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

magloops. What is needed is something which searches for minimum loop
impedance, or zero phase angle, as the tuning capacitor is varied. It
then stops.

Any ideas?
----
Reg, G4FGQ

Isn't that what I described, a control system that samples RF V and I
at the antenna end of the transmission line, and uses that to control
the direction of the capacitor drive motor to send it to the point
where the phase difference is zero?

Yes, I am aware that is only adjusting the reactance of the load
presented, but yes, I was aware the R component doesn't vary over a
very wide range over the loop's operating frequency range, and that if
X was tamed, the line losses would be acceptable.

Owen