Old October 15th 05, 04:59 PM
ml

Default tvi

I was wondering if perhaps somone can help me figure out the best way to
track down why i suddenly seem to be giving myself some tvi

i didn't make any changes, i had a tv in my shack i have more than one
rig so it's not a bad rig

seems the tvi is comming from within the room (not from the roof)

my grounds seem same as always but the set really is totally wiped out
even if i ut the rig to 1w the tv is totally overloaded sometimes
the tv even seems sorta turn off if i key

my cables to the rig seem ok same as always i seem to be missing
something
Old October 15th 05, 05:07 PM
Dave

i would guess that you lost a ground connection on a coax. check all the
connectors and be sure the shields are all well connected.

Old October 15th 05, 05:27 PM
Cecil Moore

ml wrote:
my cables to the rig seem ok same as always i seem to be missing
something

Did you try a different band/frequency?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old October 15th 05, 06:22 PM
Reg Edwards

Something has changed in the vicinity. Has anybody parked a great
metal-clad vehicle near to your home? Or shifted anything else which
could behave as a reflector of radio waves.

Or has the room furniture, including the TV set, been changed around
recently?

Try changing the TV set. What happens?
----
Reg.
=============================

Old October 15th 05, 07:40 PM
Denton

Check the tv connectors....Sometimes the tv coax's center conductor gets a
bit of corrosion or the connectors get flakey.

Old October 15th 05, 09:59 PM
Tam/WB2TT

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
i would guess that you lost a ground connection on a coax. check all the
connectors and be sure the shields are all well connected.

Not just the radio. Check the TV F connectors. It is easy to lose a ground
there. The kind that push on, instead of screwing on to the set are
especially bad. Try pushing the coax into the F connector while the TVI is
present. If you have 300 Ohm twin lead, see if one side came loose. You
didn't add a preamp, right?

Tam/WB2TT

Old October 16th 05, 12:13 AM
ml

thanks for all the help guys

while i made no changes in the shack i never thought of testing the tv
coax ground

thou i hand't meesed w/it could be it broke or the set it self is
screwy

i don't disturb other tv's which are very close to the one in my room
and all fed off same main coax

so for sure i've narrowed it down to my radio room

off i go testing that tv coax ground

appreciate the helps all!!