Old December 1st 03, 12:59 PM
Midwest Kid

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
et...
However, we did
casually look into purchasing a house with the idea of possibly making

that
area our home. During that process, we ran into several houses with

CC&R's (especially in the north-eastern part of town). But, on the south
side of town, none of the houses had a CC&R. But I don't doubt the mostly
open, mostly country, areas east of Indy are still relatively free of
CC&R's.

I do not know of _any_ single addition that was built in the 70s/80s without
CC&Rs actually vote to have them. In my area alone, there are 4 older
neighborhoods....none of them have CC&Rs. CC&Rs were rare and usually for
the high end neighborhoods. Now all the newer neighborhoods have CC&Rs.
The whole point is that besides the northside, Hamilton Co., and newer
additions...Indy provides plenty of neighborhoods on all sides that do not
have CC&Rs. I guess that is why I like it here and decided against moving
to see other parts of the country. I can only imagine how horrible mega
cities are. Still, fact is that Indy does offer plenty in terms of jobs in
almost all fields...especially bio-technology tied in with pharmaceuticals.
If I ever moved it would be to a like size city, and Montana, Idaho area
would be my first choice.

Old December 1st 03, 01:59 PM
Brenda Ann

"craigm" wrote in message
Which cities in Montana and Idaho are the same size as Indianpolis?

Largest cities...

Billings, MT 131,622
Boise, ID 185,787

Indianapolis, IN 1,607,486

There were 3 times more people in Indy in 1910 than there are in Boise
today..

Old December 1st 03, 02:47 PM
Keyboard In The Wilderness

Strange thing about home values, investment, etc -- In Silicon Valley aka
San Francisco Bay Area - homes are in the high 100,000+ -- many a Million+
and many with no HOA and old TV/FM antennas left on the roof -- as well as
more than the average number of Ham antennas.

--
73 From The Wilderness Keyboard

Old December 1st 03, 04:54 PM
Frank Dresser

"Midwest Kid" wrote in message

Investment in your home, to me, means what you paid for your home.

Property
value is what someone is supposedly willing to pay for your land and

home.
It doesn't necessary mean your actual investment in the home. If a

chemical
spill is discovered near the area, your property value might be $50K

while
your investment could be $100K (what you paid for your home). People

want to
equate property values with an investment that will _always_ go up,

mostly
due to the real estate boom over the last 3 decades or so. I don't

see many
people like that. Out of all my family, only a cousin actually rents

home. No many people buy a home, let it sit empty and hope that they

can
sell it for 30% more in a year. That is the main problem with CC&R.

People
think they are a way to help your property value increase. That's

stupid
logic. They should be more worried about just making sure they get

what
they put into the home. I believe CC&Rs do that. They make it so

people can
sell their home.

I don't know if CC&Rs help home sales. People buy and sell homes
without CC&Rs just fine. CC&Rs may be a negitive factor, if you
consider the large number of potential buyers who don't like CC&Rs.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with a ham antenna as
long as it didn't interfere with anything in my home. If it did, I

would
ask the person to take it down. Chances are I would be a good friend

to my
neighbors since I am pretty easy to get along with. It's when hams

get this
attitude (like I am seeing here) spouting off: "Well, I got a new law
supporting me so not much you or anyone else can do." That's when the
gloves come off. Screw them. They thought they had a friend....I

hope the
person never needs something or tries to make small talk.

Well, people do have rights, although the right to put up an antenna may
not be among the rights the Constitutional government was formed to
protect.

As far as the value of a Homeowner's Association is concerned, I guess
it comes down to which of your neighbors deserve the most distrust.
Will it be the new neighbor who inexplicably paints his new, expensive
house pink and black like a box of Ju-Ju Bees? Or will it be the new
age neighbors who replace the previous reasonable board members with a
bunch of Feng Shui loonies?

They'll come and do a walkaround with their compasses and tape measures
and notebooks.

"Pull up those pink flamingoes and put wind chimes here."

"You must plant a tree. I marked the correct location with a stake."

"Move that doorway to here. No, not there -- HERE!!"

"Bad Feng Shui is bad for property values!!"

Can't happen? Of course not! Not in anyplace that can't stop a
respectful flag display or religious monument.

Frank Dresser

Old December 1st 03, 05:38 PM
Midwest Kid

"craigm" wrote in message
..

Which cities in Montana and Idaho are the same size as Indianpolis?

I should have said the size of Indy or smaller.

Old December 1st 03, 06:43 PM

Frank I have been reading the various posting in this thread. And some
of the posting here disgust me. Why do some of these people call
themselves American's? America is supposed to be the land of the FREE.

By far, this posting by you is the best.

I have read most of the articles in the second web site you listed.

It's about time America wakes up. The world doesn't revolve around HOA's
or there darn rules.

As a veteran I have flown the Stars and Strips at our home since I
returned from the military (35+ years ago) and will do until I expire.
I, unlike some in this thread are proud of my country. I am proud to fly
the Stars & Strips over our home. I am proud to have served in the
military of these United States of America.

I am also proud to have served in the military only to protect the
rights of HOA's and their over baring officials, to forbid Americans
from flying there FLAG on a poll erected for this purpose only. And they
call themselves patriotic Americans........ya.

Frank Dresser wrote:

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b5efc12221e.htm#38

http://www.ccfj.net/HOAartflag.html

As far as I'm concerned, any attempt to restrict such fundamental rights
as a respectful religious display or display of the US Flag ought to get
laughed out of court, just as an attempt to enforce a racial restrictive
covanant.

Frank Dresser

Old December 1st 03, 07:17 PM

I see that no one wants to respond your post Marylou.

It's my opinion that you must be on tract.

America will only be FREE as long as real Americans allow it to be. And
presently that doesn't seem to include HOA's or their officials.

Yes, what are AAA zoned areas? I haven't come across that term before.

wrote:

What I read into this thread is there are people in our FREE country
that have a serious need to control other people. Those people like
another poster said are classified as HOA Cops.

When it comes to controlling them they revolt.

What is an AAA zoned area?

I live in a community where the county put in zoning laws many years ago
so the members of the HOA decided to turn over our roads to the county
for maintenance, dissolve the HOA entirely. We figured why pay dues for
road upkeep and some over zealous HOA officer/member who wants to take
his/our neighbor to court for stupid things. We already pay taxes for
road up keep but the county would not enter our plan because it was
considered private property. The only county services we had where
police, fire, ambulance. Now things are going much better. We have all
the services we where paying for but didn't receive before, the HOA Cops
are gone forever and the home owners seem to getting along much better.
There are no junk cars sitting around, no one painted their house bright
pink or any other crazy color, the grass in the yards are trimmed nice,
in fact nothing has changed in that respect. There are two 25 foot
towers now, one with a small beam the other a vertical in the plan, one
is mine. Both are hams and both are involved in emergency communications
during major storms. The neighbors call or stop and get weather updates
so they can make the necessary plans. Not one person has complained
about either of the towers, not one.

By the way, the HOA ex-official moved out about 6 months after the
county took over. He found out this is America, the land of the free.
Factually speaking, his neighbors refused to have anything to do with
him because of his over powering attitude. His friends soon followed him
down the road.

God Bless our "FREE" America.

Old December 2nd 03, 12:23 AM
Dave Shrader

Midwest Kid wrote:
"Dave Shrader" wrote in message

The buyer's requested assurance that the antenna and tower would be
removed prior to passing papers. My response "Of course!"

So here we have:

1: The people did not want the antennas.

Stop taking a position OUT of Context. The new owners were/are not hams.
But the tower and antennas are in my new backyard.

Restated, the tower had NO IMPACT on the selling price of the property!
The property sold based on LOCATION. I had lived there for 38+ years
prior to sale. BTW, the home across the street and the home next door
also sold for above market value.

2: It's more like "**** my neighbor.

Your vulgarisms are not appreciated in my house and hopefully other
homes. Get the emotion out of your argument and please present your case
on facts using civil language. Remember this group is read by men,
women, and possibly children.

Deacon Dave [Reverend], W1MCE

SNIP