Old October 19th 05, 10:08 PM
Thierry

Default Sandpiperaerials

Hi,

Has someone out there already used or do you know the company
http://www.sandpiperaerials.co.uk/
They seems to sale portable antennas of quite good quality, vertical, loop,
beam etc . But never heard from...
This is US friend living in Kuweit who provided me the link.

Thanks
Thierry, ON4SKY

--
Auteur de "Un siècle de Physique, 1- La Physique Quantique" aux éditions
AEGEUS

Old October 21st 05, 09:42 PM
Iain Kelly

Thierry wrote:
Hi,

Has someone out there already used or do you know the company
http://www.sandpiperaerials.co.uk/
They seems to sale portable antennas of quite good quality, vertical, loop,
beam etc . But never heard from...
This is US friend living in Kuweit who provided me the link.

Thanks
Thierry, ON4SKY

I have seen that company attend a number of rallies/shows in this
country, and they seem to be reputable. I have no personal experience of
the quality of their products, though I have seen and heard good reviews.

Hope that helps,

73, Iain M0PCB/P
Old October 22nd 05, 10:19 AM
harrogate2

"Iain Kelly" wrote in message
Thierry wrote:
Hi,

Has someone out there already used or do you know the company
http://www.sandpiperaerials.co.uk/
They seems to sale portable antennas of quite good quality,

vertical, loop,
beam etc . But never heard from...
This is US friend living in Kuweit who provided me the link.

Thanks
Thierry, ON4SKY

I have seen that company attend a number of rallies/shows in this
country, and they seem to be reputable. I have no personal

experience of
the quality of their products, though I have seen and heard good

reviews.

Hope that helps,

73, Iain M0PCB/P

The two well known amateur radio antenna manufacturers in the UK are
Sandpiper and Moonraker. Both are small family owned and run
businesses which make a reasonable product at a fair price for a
specific market. I would not necessarily say that they are whiz-kids
in antenna design theory - in fact I somehow doubt that they actually
design them themselves (my sincere apologies to either/both if I am
wrong) - but they both know what they are talking about from a
construction and use standpoint.

--
Woody

harrogate2 at ntlworld dot com

Old October 22nd 05, 10:36 AM
Iain Kelly

harrogate2 wrote:
The two well known amateur radio antenna manufacturers in the UK are
Sandpiper and Moonraker. Both are small family owned and run
businesses which make a reasonable product at a fair price for a
specific market. I would not necessarily say that they are whiz-kids
in antenna design theory - in fact I somehow doubt that they actually
design them themselves (my sincere apologies to either/both if I am
wrong) - but they both know what they are talking about from a
construction and use standpoint.

--
Woody

harrogate2 at ntlworld dot com

I'm certainly sceptical of Moonraker, in both build quality and
technical knowledge! I understand that sandpiper will actually construct
custom antennas on a one-off basis, or in fact scale some of their range
for different bands, I'm not sure if any other manufacturers will do
that or not.

Saying that I've had no experience of sandpiper, although the GM3VLB
mini-delta looks reasonable, and is not too expensive! I've had some
minor things from Moonraker, and the build quality left something to be
desired, but that is only a very limited experience of the company.

73, Iain M0PCB/P