RadioBanter

-   -   2 meter tv twin (300ohm) J pole question (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/81-re-2-meter-tv-twin-300ohm-j-pole-question.html)

'Doc July 18th 03 07:03 AM

2 meter tv twin (300ohm) J pole question

WavyDave wrote:

Would this antenna accept 30 watts without melting? How does one go about
figuring that sort of thing anyway?
Thanks

I would think it would handle 30 watts with no problem. I
don't
know of any way of telling about how much power any particular
antenna can handle except by experience.
'Doc

Chuck / KE4ETH July 18th 03 10:30 AM

For what it's worth, My 2 meter J-Pole is up about 30 feet and encased in a
PVC pipe. It handles 50 watts (nominal) with no problems for the last 10
years.

YMMV

Chuck

greg z July 18th 03 03:21 PM

Would this antenna accept 30 watts without melting? How does one go about
figuring that sort of thing anyway?
Thanks

I've run 75watts on high duty cycle,(net control,announcements,ect)
and 130w for short periods. (rg-8x feed)
I run 50w on my Rg-174 models with no problems.
YMMV
KC*VIF
Greg Z
to thine own sound be true