Old July 18th 03, 07:03 AM
'Doc

Default 2 meter tv twin (300ohm) J pole question

WavyDave wrote:

Would this antenna accept 30 watts without melting? How does one go about
figuring that sort of thing anyway?
Thanks

I would think it would handle 30 watts with no problem. I
don't
know of any way of telling about how much power any particular
antenna can handle except by experience.
'Doc
Old July 18th 03, 10:30 AM
Chuck / KE4ETH

For what it's worth, My 2 meter J-Pole is up about 30 feet and encased in a
PVC pipe. It handles 50 watts (nominal) with no problems for the last 10
years.

YMMV

Chuck

Old July 18th 03, 03:21 PM
greg z

Would this antenna accept 30 watts without melting? How does one go about
figuring that sort of thing anyway?
Thanks

I've run 75watts on high duty cycle,(net control,announcements,ect)
and 130w for short periods. (rg-8x feed)
I run 50w on my Rg-174 models with no problems.
YMMV
KC*VIF
Greg Z
to thine own sound be true