Old November 5th 05, 02:51 AM
Hal Rosser

Default I Found It!

I like that version better.
Thanks!

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message
Irv Finkleman wrote:

Hal Rosser wrote:

That reminds me of a story that used to circulate about the ham

writing a
letter to the insurance company

I've got a copy of it somewhere on this machine! I'll see if I can find

it!

Here it is -- it's called sick note!

The Sick Note

Dear Sir, I write this note to you to tell you of my plight
For at the time of writing I am not a pretty sight
My body is all black and blue, my face a deathly gray
And I write this note to say why I am not at work today

Whilst working on the 14th floor some bricks I had to clear
To throw them down from such a height was not a good idea
The foreman wasn't very pleased, the bloody awkward sod
And said I'd have to cart them down the ladders in my hod

Now clearing all those bricks by hand, it was so very slow
So I hoisted up a barrel and secured the rope below
But in my haste to do the job I was to blind to see
That a barrel full of building bricks was heavier than me

And so when I untied the rope the barrel flew like lead
And clinging tightly to the rope I started up instead
I shot up like a rocket till to my dismay I found
That halfway up I met the bloody barrel coming down

The barrel broke my shoulder as toward the ground it sped
And when I reached the top I banged the pully with me head
I hung on tightly, numb with shock from this almighty blow
And the barrel spilled out half the bricks, 14 floors below

Now when those bricks had fallen from the barrel to the floor
I then outweighed the barrel and so started down once more
Still clinging tightly to the rope, my body racked with pain
When halfway down I met the bloody barrel once again

The force of this collision, halfway up the office block
Caused multiple abrasions and a nasty case of shock
Still clinging tightly to the rope, I fell towards the ground
And I landed on the broken bricks the barrel scattered round

I lay there groaning on the ground, I thought I'd passed the worst
But the barrel hit the pulleywheel, and then its bottom burst
A shower of bricks rained down on me, I hadn't got a hope
As I lay there bleeding on the ground, I let go the bloody rope

The barrel was now free to fall and down it came once more
And landed right across me as I lay upon the floor
It broke three ribs and my left arm and I can only say
That I hope you understand why I am not at work today!

--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001

Imax ground plane question Vinnie S. CB 151 April 15th 05 05:21 AM
Discone antenna plans [email protected] Antenna 13 January 14th 05 11:51 PM
Yaesu FT-857D questions Joe S. Equipment 6 October 25th 04 09:40 AM
LongWire Antenna Jim B Shortwave 5 March 2nd 04 09:36 AM
EH Antenna Revisited Walter Maxwell Antenna 47 January 16th 04 04:34 AM