Old November 24th 03, 09:43 PM
ELLIS

Default Hy-Gain AV-14AVQ - top radials

Can anyone tell me the length of the three, short, mast-top radials of the
Hy-Gain AV-14AVQ, please?

I have bought one ex-deceased estate and they were missing along with some
other hardware.

My guess from the diagrams are something like 20-30cm.

With thanks,
Peter VK1KEP

Old November 25th 03, 11:38 AM
KC1DI

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:43:56 GMT, "ELLIS" wrote:

Can anyone tell me the length of the three, short, mast-top radials of the
Hy-Gain AV-14AVQ, please?

I have bought one ex-deceased estate and they were missing along with some
other hardware.

My guess from the diagrams are something like 20-30cm.

With thanks,
Peter VK1KEP

Hi Peter,

You can download the entire manual for free in pdf format from :
http://www.hy-gain.com/manuals.php

Good Luck I use a 14 AVQ from many years it was a good antenna for a
vertical.
73 Dave kc1di

Old November 26th 03, 11:49 AM
Jim

Someone needs to physically measure the tophat radial length for
Peter; it is NOT given in the manual. The manual only shows install
procedure and its part #.
Good luck,
Jim, K4SQR

Old November 26th 03, 05:48 PM
M.M.

Jim wrote:

Someone needs to physically measure the tophat radial length for
Peter; it is NOT given in the manual. The manual only shows install
procedure and its part #.

On mine they're 10 inches from the center of the eye to the end. I doubt
it's all that critical.

HTH...

73... Mark AA7TA
Old December 3rd 09, 05:29 AM
Junior Member

Location: Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLIS View Post
Can anyone tell me the length of the three, short, mast-top radials of the
Hy-Gain AV-14AVQ, please?

I have bought one ex-deceased estate and they were missing along with some
other hardware.

My guess from the diagrams are something like 20-30cm.

With thanks,
Peter VK1KEP
I just had mine down for a cleanup, the three top hat radial are 25 cm long (9.875 inches) measured from the center of the bolt hole that hold them on.

Jim
KA7ARA

Ten-tec vee beam Tom Coates Antenna 8 September 21st 03 12:47 AM
ground radials? Antenna 2 September 10th 03 10:55 AM