Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 27th 05, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dick, AA5VU

Default Got Lucky on Six meters w/Fan Dipole

I picked up a new (to me) TS-570S(G) so I can start working six meters.
I do not have a dedicated six meter antenna so I decided to try my Fan
dipole. It was a 40/80 W9INN dipole that I modified for 18 MHz and 10
MHz by adding two sets of wires. I tried it on 50.125 and rig loves it.
I can get full power with whisper of SWR that the TS-570S can easily
handle.

The SWR on 51 and 52 MHz is not that good; however, the auto-tuner makes
the 570 smile. I am not really concerned as I plan operate mostly at
50 MHz.

Something tells me the 18 MHz wires are semi-resonant at 50 MHz
and I got lucky.

73, Dick AA5VU