RadioBanter

-   -   PAR EF-SWL Antenna (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/84946-par-ef-swl-antenna.html)

Robert11 December 24th 05 02:58 PM

PAR EF-SWL Antenna

Hello:

Really don't want to bother everyone in the forum with all my beginner type
questions as relating
to the PAR EF-SWL antenna.

Anyone who is familiar with it, or has one, care to chat off-line with me, a
bit, on it ?

Thanks,
Bob

Reloader December 24th 05 04:16 PM

I have had one for over 2 years. I really am surprised at the widde coverage for a low mounted antenna.. Due to lack of space, I have mine mountd as a sloper at 24 feet going down to 9feet in a North-south direction. I also have powerline noise from an uncooperative power company. the antenna allows me to receive even with arcing transformers. Power company says it's MY problem. FCC complaint sent. I wish that i would be able to mount it higher. I think you will be pleased with the peformance. Greg

Bob Miller December 25th 05 10:00 PM

PAR EF-SWL Antenna

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 09:58:23 -0500, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello:

Really don't want to bother everyone in the forum with all my beginner type
questions as relating
to the PAR EF-SWL antenna.

Anyone who is familiar with it, or has one, care to chat off-line with me, a
bit, on it ?

Thanks,
Bob

I notice it is a 45-foot end-fed wire. That would make it 1/4-wave
long at about 5.2 Mhz. They claim it is optimally designed for
reception from 1 to 30 Mhz. Not sure how thay arrived at that claim.
It should work fine, but just about any random length wire will work
if you have a decent receiver :-)

bob
k5qwg