Old December 24th 05, 02:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Robert11

Default PAR EF-SWL Antenna

Hello:

Really don't want to bother everyone in the forum with all my beginner type
questions as relating
to the PAR EF-SWL antenna.

Anyone who is familiar with it, or has one, care to chat off-line with me, a
bit, on it ?

Thanks,
Bob

Old December 24th 05, 04:16 PM
Junior Member

Location: East Texas

I have had one for over 2 years. I really am surprised at the widde coverage for a low mounted antenna.. Due to lack of space, I have mine mountd as a sloper at 24 feet going down to 9feet in a North-south direction. I also have powerline noise from an uncooperative power company. the antenna allows me to receive even with arcing transformers. Power company says it's MY problem. FCC complaint sent. I wish that i would be able to mount it higher. I think you will be pleased with the peformance. Greg
Old December 25th 05, 10:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Miller

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 09:58:23 -0500, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello:

Really don't want to bother everyone in the forum with all my beginner type
questions as relating
to the PAR EF-SWL antenna.

Anyone who is familiar with it, or has one, care to chat off-line with me, a
bit, on it ?

Thanks,
Bob

I notice it is a 45-foot end-fed wire. That would make it 1/4-wave
long at about 5.2 Mhz. They claim it is optimally designed for
reception from 1 to 30 Mhz. Not sure how thay arrived at that claim.
It should work fine, but just about any random length wire will work
if you have a decent receiver :-)

bob
k5qwg

Grounding Steve Rabinowitz Shortwave 31 December 14th 05 05:26 AM
No CounterPoise - Portable Antenna System RHF Shortwave 1 November 19th 05 06:18 PM
Discone antenna plans [email protected] Antenna 13 January 14th 05 11:51 PM
Yaesu FT-857D questions Joe S. Equipment 6 October 25th 04 09:40 AM
EH Antenna Revisited Walter Maxwell Antenna 47 January 16th 04 04:34 AM