Old January 4th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K7ITM

Default Impedance question

To keep things balanced, it would be best to split the series
capacitance into two parts. They should be -j32 ohms each, as they are
effectively in series: 200pF (or 180 or 220) in each leg. It wouldn't
be the end of your world if you used a single 100pF cap, though.

Yes; convert to admittance and parallel a capacitive suseptance to
cancel the reactive part, about 11pF. Or as I suggested before, put
more capacitance in parallel with the feedpoint and add series
inductance: 38pF shunt and a pair of 47nH inductors, one in series
with each leg between the feedpoint and the feedline, will get you very
close to 50 ohms resistive from the stated 65+j16 at 50-54MHz. (I
assume the antenna doesn't stay at that impedance over the whole band,
though.)

Cheers,
Tom

Old January 4th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Hi again all,

the dipole was suspensed on a pole and the MFJ-269 was connected to it,
no body effects here. After adjusting frequency then I move away from
the setup.

I do understand that 65 + j16 is not really a bad match, if I did add a
capacitive reactance, then would I have to place two caps, each of
equal value in series with coax?

If I wanted to do a shunt capacitor, would I find the admittance of the
above and then determine a shunt from the resulting reactance?

de KJ4UO