Old February 3rd 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Joe S.

Default Another ATAS-120 -- FT-857D question

My FT-857 display is showing the word MTUNE. No mention of this in the
manual. I went through the setup routine for the ATAS-120 and the antenna
seems to be working fine -- it tunes when I change bands and I am making HF
contacts on it.

Anyone know what this means?

Thanks.

Old February 3rd 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
void * clvrmnky()

On 03/02/2006 4:27 PM, Joe S. wrote:
My FT-857 display is showing the word MTUNE. No mention of this in the
manual. I went through the setup routine for the ATAS-120 and the antenna
seems to be working fine -- it tunes when I change bands and I am making HF
contacts on it.

Anyone know what this means?

"Memory Tune"

Google is your friend in this case. Get a searchable copy of the
Operating Manual and look for "mtune". Check the "Memory Operation"
section of the manual.

If you are stuck, I can send you the PDF I have.
Old February 4th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Joe S.

Thanks -- I went to the Yaesu site and found a .pdf manual for the 857 and
found MTUNE. Strange -- I can't figure out how I got into that mode. Well,
anyway, I went back out to the truck a few minutes ago, screwed around with
it and MTUNE has disappeared from the display and the rig and antenna are
working normally.

Life was so much more simple with a pi-network and dozen or so knobs to turn
while watching the meters :-)

et.ca...