Old February 8th 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Arie

Default 4nec2 on Windows-XP ?

Hello...,

I would very much like to hear about users who did or did not succeed
running the latest 4nec2 version (5.6.0) on windows-XP.

This because some now and then I get 'strange' problem-reports for
problems which I am not able to reproduce on the XP systems I have
overhere. I would very much like to tackle this problem, so any
information about this is very welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Arie.

Old February 9th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank

Arie, I have done some preliminary tests with 4nec2 on Windows-XP. I have
not noticed any particular problems so far, apart from the fragmentation of
the GH card -- as also noted by Dan. I would like to run NEC 4 on your
software, but cannot seem to find any reference to "4nec4" on the website.

I tend to have a bias towards GNEC, but I particularly like your Smith Chart
graphic. Whatever, I am sure the graphics are easily better than the basic
NEC 4.

Frank

oups.com...

Old February 10th 06, 08:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Arie

I have not noticed any particular problems so far, apart from the fragmentation of the GH card
cannot seem to find any reference to "4nec4" on the website.

Yes that's correct. 4nec2 (for nec too...) does 'understand' both nec2
and nec4 in- and output-files.To switch from Nec2 to Nec4 use
'Settings-Nec engine-Nec4*.exe'.
However the interface between 4nec2 and Nec4*.exe is a bit more
primitive compared to the Nec2 interface. This because of the unability
of input-file redirection for the average Windows-based Nec4
compilations.

I tend to have a bias towards GNEC

Ah, no problem at all. Choose what you like best !

Thanks for the feedback,

Arie.,