Old February 3rd 04, 09:08 PM

Default Packet without TNC on Windows - assistance appreciated

My ARES group has a Packet SET in three weeks, and I don't have the budget
to rush right out and buy a TNC, having spend down the Toy Budget for a new
transceiver fot the truck.

My laptop is XP-only, no one (not even the buklging brains over on the
Debian lists) having come up with drivers for the touchscreen (Fujitsu
1032). All my available brain power not used by Uncle is tied up in the
HoneyDo list and occasionally drilling for the General Exam, so, even
though I know I ought to be learning Linux, I know I will not reach
adequate mastry in three weeks.

Therefore, I'm looking at the various no-TNC options which use Windows
compatable software and my HT, a Yaesu VX-5R. The HT is preferred since I'm
in an urban area, it works well, and I want a system I can take to a fire
station and use when The Big One arrives.

Persons doing TNC-less packet on Windows are requested to advise what works
and to provide any Clues as might seem relevant.

Thank you kindly.
--
Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.

looking for old software, packet 6.1 chrisj2004 Digital 4 January 4th 05 12:00 AM
SmartSmith1.6.2 Packaged for Windows ME Robert Lay W9DMK Antenna 0 December 9th 04 02:31 AM
Packet without TNC on Windows - assistance appreciated [email protected] Digital 4 February 13th 04 08:06 PM
Packet Newbie Greg Courville Digital 2 September 19th 03 06:42 AM
Packet Newbie Greg Courville Digital 0 September 19th 03 05:58 AM