RadioBanter

-   -   demodulator & detector (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/88117-demodulator-detector.html)

Ron J February 9th 06 07:30 PM

demodulator & detector

Good morn',

What is the difference between a demodulator and a detector? I was
reading the datasheet and I noticed a block diagram that says FM
detector and another diagram that says FM demodulator.

Thanks!

Tim Wescott February 9th 06 07:32 PM

demodulator & detector

Ron J wrote:

Good morn',

What is the difference between a demodulator and a detector? I was
reading the datasheet and I noticed a block diagram that says FM
detector and another diagram that says FM demodulator.

Thanks!

Mostly terminology. Either is more or less accurate.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

elgoog February 14th 06 02:44 AM

demodulator & detector

"Ron J" wrote in message
ups.com...

What is the difference between a demodulator and a detector?

It is an Off Topic question in an usenet ng focused on _antennas_ by yet
another drive-by Google poster

Ron J February 14th 06 04:19 AM

demodulator & detector

So sorry, I figured that the antenna folks would no more about it
because after all, there are modulators and demodulators in our
transmitter and receiver circuits. What else is interesting in the
antenna world? Did the DLM and EH antenna combine into one? ;-)

Mike Coslo February 14th 06 07:16 PM

demodulator & detector

Ron J wrote:
So sorry, I figured that the antenna folks would no more about it
because after all, there are modulators and demodulators in our
transmitter and receiver circuits. What else is interesting in the
antenna world? Did the DLM and EH antenna combine into one? ;-)

Not to worry, Ron, cuz his post was just another drive-by flame from a
poster who prefers to remain anonymous.

Most who do try to remain anonymous have a good reason - and it's not
the one that they give ;^)

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -