Old February 9th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ron J

Default demodulator & detector

Good morn',

What is the difference between a demodulator and a detector? I was
reading the datasheet and I noticed a block diagram that says FM
detector and another diagram that says FM demodulator.

Thanks!

Old February 9th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tim Wescott

Ron J wrote:

Good morn',

What is the difference between a demodulator and a detector? I was
reading the datasheet and I noticed a block diagram that says FM
detector and another diagram that says FM demodulator.

Thanks!

Mostly terminology. Either is more or less accurate.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Old February 14th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
elgoog

"Ron J" wrote in message
ups.com...

What is the difference between a demodulator and a detector?

It is an Off Topic question in an usenet ng focused on _antennas_ by yet
another drive-by Google poster
Old February 14th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ron J

So sorry, I figured that the antenna folks would no more about it
because after all, there are modulators and demodulators in our
transmitter and receiver circuits. What else is interesting in the
antenna world? Did the DLM and EH antenna combine into one? ;-)

Old February 14th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mike Coslo

Ron J wrote:
So sorry, I figured that the antenna folks would no more about it
because after all, there are modulators and demodulators in our
transmitter and receiver circuits. What else is interesting in the
antenna world? Did the DLM and EH antenna combine into one? ;-)

Not to worry, Ron, cuz his post was just another drive-by flame from a
poster who prefers to remain anonymous.

Most who do try to remain anonymous have a good reason - and it's not
the one that they give ;^)

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

PNI Traveller RX7000 Radar detector [email protected] Scanner 0 November 21st 05 07:53 AM
Improved AM Detector John Byrns Shortwave 44 July 22nd 04 06:08 AM
MW Receiver / Sync Detector Pete KE9OA Shortwave 15 January 10th 04 05:23 AM
AM Detector Info J M Noeding Homebrew 1 January 2nd 04 10:00 PM
Tayloe Mixer Resistance Questions Steve Kavanagh Homebrew 8 November 9th 03 09:07 PM