RadioBanter

-   -   Some info needed!? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/88176-some-info-needed.html)

ceaser February 10th 06 06:30 PM

Some info needed!?

I have gotten a GE 40 channel handheld CB is there anything I can do to
this that would go beyoind the normal operating range? thanks

Amos Keag February 10th 06 07:13 PM

Some info needed!?

ceaser wrote:

I have gotten a GE 40 channel handheld CB is there anything I can do to
this that would go beyoind the normal operating range? thanks

Well, 40 channels should just be fine!

15 watts SSB should just be fine!

If you want more, get a ham license and be legal. It is illegal to
operate outside the 40 channels and have more that 15 watts.

kd5sak February 10th 06 07:15 PM

Some info needed!?

"ceaser" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have gotten a GE 40 channel handheld CB is there anything I can do to
this that would go beyoind the normal operating range? thanks

The only legal method would be a good directional (beam) antenna on a high
tower.

Harold

Bob Bob February 10th 06 07:29 PM

Some info needed!?

Legally?

A bigger/higher antenna.. Many handlhelds have places to plug in an
external antenna.

Stand on a hill top to use it. grin

Cheers Bob

BKR February 11th 06 09:14 AM

Some info needed!?

Sounds like the one stolen from my house in a home burglary 2 years ago.
Did you get the plastic case with it?

KD5RPO

ceaser February 11th 06 03:04 PM

Some info needed!?

thanks guys, and no BKR this was bought in ohio lol thanks anyway

Butch Magee February 11th 06 07:01 PM

Some info needed!?

ceaser wrote:
I have gotten a GE 40 channel handheld CB is there anything I can do to
this that would go beyoind the normal operating range? thanks

I think it's 5 watts AM. FIVE WATTS ONLY, AM ONLY.

KF5DE