Old February 10th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ceaser

Default Some info needed!?

I have gotten a GE 40 channel handheld CB is there anything I can do to
this that would go beyoind the normal operating range? thanks

Old February 10th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Amos Keag

ceaser wrote:

I have gotten a GE 40 channel handheld CB is there anything I can do to
this that would go beyoind the normal operating range? thanks

Well, 40 channels should just be fine!

15 watts SSB should just be fine!

If you want more, get a ham license and be legal. It is illegal to
operate outside the 40 channels and have more that 15 watts.

Old February 10th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
kd5sak

"ceaser" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have gotten a GE 40 channel handheld CB is there anything I can do to
this that would go beyoind the normal operating range? thanks

The only legal method would be a good directional (beam) antenna on a high
tower.

Harold

Old February 10th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Bob

Legally?

A bigger/higher antenna.. Many handlhelds have places to plug in an
external antenna.

Stand on a hill top to use it. grin

Cheers Bob

Old February 11th 06, 09:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
BKR

Sounds like the one stolen from my house in a home burglary 2 years ago.
Did you get the plastic case with it?

KD5RPO

Old February 11th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ceaser

thanks guys, and no BKR this was bought in ohio lol thanks anyway

Old February 11th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Butch Magee

ceaser wrote:
I have gotten a GE 40 channel handheld CB is there anything I can do to
this that would go beyoind the normal operating range? thanks

I think it's 5 watts AM. FIVE WATTS ONLY, AM ONLY.

KF5DE