Old December 9th 03, 12:22 AM
Jack Twilley

Default From multiband dipole to multiple monoband dipoles

Old December 9th 03, 02:31 AM
'Doc

Jack,
I seriously doubt if it will have any noticable affect,
other than to block out a little more sun light and cost
three times as much.
'Doc
Old December 9th 03, 05:32 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

Jack,

I had dipoles for 40, 17 and 12 meters fed off a common feedpoint, and
presently have 40 and 17. SWR is below 1.5:1 on both bands. I have run EZNEC
on both of these, and have not found any meaningful loss in gain relative to
a single dipole.

If you want to improve things, get rid of the RG58. At 10 meters, LMR240
will get you at least a db. It weigh about the same, and is only about .04
inch bigger. It will also take 1400W.

Tam/WB2TT