Old March 5th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chris W

Default 1n21 diode housing

Can someone tell me where I can find the housings for a 1n21 crystal
detector diode so I can hook it to some coax and a directional coupler?
I can't seem to fine one anywhere

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com
Old March 5th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 09:20:20 -0600, Chris W wrote:

Can someone tell me where I can find the housings for a 1n21 crystal
detector diode so I can hook it to some coax and a directional coupler?
I can't seem to fine one anywhere

Try googling with:
1n21 crystal mount

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old March 5th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chris W

Richard Clark wrote:

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 09:20:20 -0600, Chris W wrote:

Can someone tell me where I can find the housings for a 1n21 crystal
detector diode so I can hook it to some coax and a directional coupler?
I can't seem to fine one anywhere

Try googling with:
1n21 crystal mount

A google search for that is giving me some links but still no luck
finding a place I can buy one

Old March 5th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 16:23:37 -0600, Chris W wrote:

Richard Clark wrote:

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 09:20:20 -0600, Chris W wrote:

Can someone tell me where I can find the housings for a 1n21 crystal
detector diode so I can hook it to some coax and a directional coupler?
I can't seem to fine one anywhere

Try googling with:
1n21 crystal mount

A google search for that is giving me some links but still no luck
finding a place I can buy one

http://mailgate.supereva.com/misc/mi.../msg04490.html
was at the 6th entry.

http://store.americanmicrosemiconduc...FTFZDgodfQQv8A
was at the right as a vendor

http://www.advancedsemiconductor.com/diodes/1N/1N.shtml
sells the diodes and a call "could" result in leads

This is a product line that is probably entirely custom design, or
salvage from equipment that is 50 years old.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old March 7th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chris W

Litzendraht wrote:

Chris W wrote:

Can someone tell me where I can find the housings for a 1n21 crystal
detector diode so I can hook it to some coax and a directional coupler?
I can't seem to fine one anywhere

Chris,

I'm not sure exactly what you need. Are you working with microwave
frequencies?

I have some type N connectors that house a 1N21 and have a BNC on the
rear. Presumably it's simply a series diode used as a detector.

John

Yep, that is exactly what I am looking for, with no luck so far. I have
some 1.2, 1.6 and 2.4 ghz antennas I want to tune.

Old March 7th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chris W

Richard Clark wrote:

[...]

I saw no indication on those web sites that they sold the mounts.
However, I did call them all and some others that sell the the 1N21
diodes and none sale the mounts or can tell me where to get one.

Old March 7th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 17:33:05 -0600, Chris W wrote:

I saw no indication on those web sites that they sold the mounts.
However, I did call them all and some others that sell the the 1N21
diodes and none sale the mounts or can tell me where to get one.

I know it is not what you asked for, but a functional replacement
might be a HP crystal detector that you frequently see on Ebay for
less than $100. The downside is that the consequences of destroying
the diode are more expensive.

Owen
Old March 7th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim - NN7K

Not to mention that - you might locate 1N21-R 's - which are
Reverseable, and will leave you with the pin conductors , on BOTH
ends, if you leave off the 1/4 inch cover that is swappable for the
ends! And, of the mounts I have seen (they used for power out/mixer
diode adaptors, for "C" band (6 GHz), they have a "N" male fitting
to a "BNC" output female, BUT-- they have a wire in place from the
center to the shield of the "N" end! (this for an rf choke, at 6 GHz)
which would make then useless (unless you remove that jumper, buried in
the male end , delicate surgury, inside the connector)! Lenkurt,
Farinon, and several other outfits used these in their comm equipment!
Tho, most of the plumbing I saw, had the mounts in waveguide, these
MIGHT be an option, if you can locate them-- Jim NN7K

Old March 8th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 17:33:05 -0600, Chris W wrote:

none sale the mounts or can tell me where to get one.

Hi Chris,

Hence my comment about the availability being either custom design or
cannibalized from 50 year old equipment.

It seems to me, that you can hold one half of the diode with an AGC
fuse holder. Given that this style of diode often comes with a
cartridge style mount that is removable to reveal two pin connectors
(making the whole diode look like a miniature old-fashioned rolling
pin for dough), you could buy two such diodes (yeah, expensive) and
combine those cartridge mounts so that both ends can be captured by an
AGC fuse holder.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old March 8th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim - NN7K

P.S., might be worth a shot- try :Allied Communications Equipment Supply
- (712) 322-2725 - 325 W South Omaha Brg Rd, Council Bluffs, IA 51501

and, inquire about a diode detector for a "LENKURT - MODEL 76 radio",
a long shot, I know, but THAT was what was used to alarm low power
output, in those units, and other items!! Allied specializeds in
communications equipment for commercial users, especially , supplying
obsolete equiptment! not cheap, but - at least they have this stuff!
Jim NN7K

[...]

Identifying a mystery diode Paul VK3DIP Homebrew 14 January 12th 06 08:52 AM
Identification of Motorola Diode 56C53 djzman General 0 September 19th 05 12:04 AM
Zener Diode Skip Homebrew 21 January 15th 04 06:26 PM
Zener Diode Skip Homebrew 0 December 7th 03 05:01 AM
Need Source for Diode in TS-1285/URM-120 Wattmeter 2-30 MHz Plug-in Sensor, pls David J. Windisch Equipment 0 July 8th 03 12:20 AM