Old March 14th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen

Default Phase shift circuits

Harry Gross wrote:
I guess I'll have to break down, buy a copy of EZ-NEC and play with it:-)

The free demo program is adequate for what you're doing.

By the way, are you suggesting that 90 degree rotation is all I'd need,
simply because the dipole radiation pattern is so wide, broadside to the
radiator?

Yes.

If that turns out to be true, then the problem becomes vastly
easier to deal with, and could even be done mechanically by simply
switching around the feed line to one dipole (easier to do with ladder
line - the preferred feed line to a dipole - than coax, of course)

Why is ladder line preferred over coax? I suggest reading
http://eznec.com/Amateur/Articles/Baluns.pdf. Take a good look at Figure 2.

although that might not be the BEST way to do it.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old March 15th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Harry Gross

Thanks for all the input. I'll be playing with the idea for the next
few weeks/months, and I'll let you all know how it works out.
Old March 17th 06, 08:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
BKR

Look up the Turnstile antenna on the web and you should see the
radiation pattern of a 90 degree phase shift. There is also a small
amount of gain over a single dipole.
Most examples are for VHS, but they can be scaled up.
KD5RPO