Old March 22nd 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Troy Majors

Default Multiband Dipole Angles

What effect will the following have:

both legs of the multiband dipole 60 to 65 feet up in the air cannot be in a
straight line, but one leg must vary from a true north-south diple to the
northeast at about a 35-40 degree angle from the other leg. Also, both legs
slant downward in a slight inverted-V configuration, probably about 20-25
degrees. The feed line will come straight down at a 90 degree angle from
the dipole legs, but will then split the difference in its horizontal move
along the ground to the house. How much do I lose from all this compared to
a dipole with both legs straight in line, and the feedline 90 degrees from
the dipole both vertically and horizontally?

All this is driven by the size of the lot, the placement of the trees in the
back and front yards, the direction and density of the various limbs off the
trees, and the level of my skill with a slingshot. I have the pilot ropes
in place but have not raised the antenna yet. Any advice before I commit to
this configuration?

Thanks,
Troy

Old March 23rd 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wes Stewart

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:17:19 GMT, "Troy Majors"
wrote:

[...]

Don't shoot your lead weight through your neighbor's window. Oh, wait
a minute... you already have the ropes in place. What are you waiting
for?

2m omnis and radiation takeoff angles - importance Bob Bob Antenna 0 March 2nd 06 01:30 PM
EZNEC What elevation angles should I use? Buck Antenna 18 June 17th 05 08:37 AM
radiation angles Richard Antenna 8 August 21st 04 05:39 PM
Incoming radiation angles Art Unwin KB9MZ Antenna 33 January 5th 04 11:11 PM