Old April 2nd 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Amother look at a choke balun.

Reg Edwards wrote:
John, what with the unwanted interference from Richard Clark, you'll
just have to accept the fact that the ferrite material has little or
no effect on transmission through the short length of transmission
line, be it coax or twin-line, wound on the ferrite core.

Maybe it would help to say "... on transmission of differential
signals through the short length of transmission line ...".
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old April 2nd 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
David J Windisch

BIGSMILEJohn, you've been snookered ;o)))
73, Dave, N3HE

"John - KD5YI" wrote in message
Richard Clark wrote:
On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 22:13:05 GMT, John - KD5YI
wrote:

I am afraid I do not understand the meaning of "bafflegab".

Hi John,

BIGSNIPOFWELLCRAFTEDBAFFLEGAB
how wikipedia
trails in social currency.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Richard -

I must say that the meaning is no clearer to me now. Your explanation
makes no sense to me. I apologize for my lack of understanding.

Thanks for trying to explain nevertheless.

Cheers,
John

Old April 2nd 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Reg Edwards

"Cecil Moore" wrote
Maybe it would help to say "... on transmission of differential
signals through the short length of transmission line ...".

====================================

No, it wouldn't. Help not needed. KISS.
----
Reg.

Old April 3rd 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Reg Edwards

- - - - and placing a choke at 1/4-wave intervals all along the
transmission line is not of great help - it is effective only at one
frequency.
----
Reg.

Old April 3rd 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Oldridge

"Reg Edwards" wrote in
:

- - - - and placing a choke at 1/4-wave intervals all along the
transmission line is not of great help - it is effective only at one
frequency.

Actually, it's pretty effective at all frequencies below that one.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667