Old December 15th 03, 04:14 PM
Earthlink

Default Antenna propigation

I just picked up a new antenna, and I got a " DX - LB plus " 100' all
band.. for HF..
I am going to connect it to a FT - 901DM radio.. But I am having trouble
installing it..
The salesman told me it has to be a straight shot, or an inverted " V " ??
I was going to install it on the roof top as more of an " L " w/ one leg
going almost directly North / south,
and one leg going almost directly east / west.. I was told it wouldn't
really work, I would get "unpredictable radiation patterns ".

Can anyone give me any Ideas what would happen if I did put it up as more of
an " L " or " V " on its side? rather then a straight
up n down inverted " V " or a straight line I got the 100" where I live,
but it would go under power lines.. I know thats 1) not safe,
and 2) just not a good Idea... I have 2 masts up now. w/ 70' span, if I
drop off the roof it would be more dogg legged, and more of an "L " still
anyway..well in " L " w/ a kink haha.. I thought it was going to be an
easy install. I am sure putting it together and up will be.. its finding a
place to install 100' in 1 shot, or getting it from crossing power lines
thats seems to be a trick..

Anyway I wanna see if it will work, and how to predict radiation patterns
installed uncoventionaly..