Old April 6th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ken Bessler

Default Unknown coax id help?

The label on this coax reads:

"CFD200-NL LOW LOSS 50 OHM COAXIAL CABLE COMMATE/PEWC 3D"

All I could find was a spec saying it has a VF of .83 and I measured
the OD (0.195"). The cable is very stiff for it's size - like 9913 almost.

Anyone care to guess? I'd love to take it apart (it's a RP-TNC - N Male 5'
pigtail) but it's such a nice job I don't want to. Maybe it's a copy of
LMR-200?

I'll be using it to connect my 802.11b/g equipment (100mW, 2412mhz) to the
main feedline (30' flexi 4xl with clamp type N connectors feeding a 16 el
collinear antenna at 25' agl).

Help?

--
73's de Ken KG0WX - Kadiddlehopper #11808,
Flying Pigs #-1055, Grid EM17io,

Old April 6th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K7ITM

Maybe these folk can tell you:
http://www.dmtonline.dk/products.asp...7&cat=Pigtails

(The suggestion is that it's like LMR-200, just as you suspect.)

Cheers,
Tom

Old April 6th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed

The label on this coax reads:

"CFD200-NL LOW LOSS 50 OHM COAXIAL CABLE COMMATE/PEWC 3D"

All I could find was a spec saying it has a VF of .83 and I measured
the OD (0.195"). The cable is very stiff for it's size - like 9913
almost.

Anyone care to guess? I'd love to take it apart (it's a RP-TNC - N
Male 5' pigtail) but it's such a nice job I don't want to. Maybe it's
a copy of LMR-200?

I guess my Google skills are better than yours! :^)

Try: http://www.commate.com.tw/

Click on "Low Loss Cables,

then click on "CFD200"

Looks pretty Lossy, to me, if you are going to use it at 2.6GHz.

Ed K7AAT

Old April 6th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed

Actually, I did google and yahoo and I saw the reference to the tw
website but I passed, fearing language problems. Guess I should
have given it a look see.

Lossy? My math says 0.845 db loss for my 5' pigtail - from what
I've read recently that's not to bad for a rg-58 size pigtail, esp. on
2.4 gigs...

Maybe I'm wrong? Feel free to teach me. :-)

No, Ken, you're not wrong. I forgot you were only using a 5'
pigtail.... although you could probably get lower loss stuff. I don't
know what your application is, but you're right.... probably doesn't
matter that much.

Ed
Old April 6th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ken Bessler

"Ed" wrote in message
. 192.196...

Maybe I'm wrong? Feel free to teach me. :-)

No, Ken, you're not wrong. I forgot you were only using a 5'
pigtail.... although you could probably get lower loss stuff. I don't
know what your application is, but you're right.... probably doesn't
matter that much.

Ed

I'm just trying to extend my wireless access point's range so I
can go to a park nearby, operate /qrp/portable with my K2 yet
still be able to check the dx cluster, email, etc. So far, I've
equipped my ThinkPad with an Atheros high performance WiFi
internal radio driving a pair of 4 element coaxial collinear antennas,
acquired a V4 Linksys WRT54G router and designed & built a
16 element base version of the collinear antenna.

I've got the needed parts enroute to put the base antenna up 25'
and the firmware needed for the router to do all sorts of things, like,
increase the TX power, go to client mode for rf survey's, stuff like
that.....

The pigtail antenna lead is just to make the transition from N
connectors to the RP-TNC that the router uses and to protect
the router from excess cable strain from the Flexi4xl coax.

Just a way to spend money and kill time and - oh yea - learn
some neat technology along the way.

Next week, kids, we'll discuss the pro's and con's of 160 meter
quad equipped diversity antenna systems.......

lol!

Ken KG0WX

Old April 6th 06, 12:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Scott

If you muliply that loss out, it's about 17 dB loss per 100 feet. That
would be considered pretty lossy...but...since you're only using 5 feet,
it's probably not going to be a deal breaker Andrew 1/2" hardline is
about 3.6 dB per 100 feet (granted it is NOT RG-58 sized!)...

Scott
N0EDV

Ken Bessler wrote:

"Ed" wrote in message

[...]