Old April 30th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

Default RoomCap Antenna

Can anyone tell me about this RoomCap Antenna?

The best I can find on the antenna is a picture of what looks like a
piece of PVC with a capacity hat on it.

I keep getting advertisements on the email reflectors and when I check
the website, it asks for me to email for more information. I have
done so several times and never received a response.

What can you all tell me about this antenna?

Thanks,
Buck

--
73 for now
Buck
Old May 1st 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
larry d clark

Buck wrote:
Can anyone tell me about this RoomCap Antenna?

The best I can find on the antenna is a picture of what looks like a
piece of PVC with a capacity hat on it.

I keep getting advertisements on the email reflectors and when I check
the website, it asks for me to email for more information. I have
done so several times and never received a response.

What can you all tell me about this antenna?

Thanks,
Buck

http://home.datacomm.ch/hb9abx/ant--abx-e.htm

larry
kd5foy
Old May 1st 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

On Mon, 01 May 2006 00:07:08 GMT, larry d clark
wrote:

Buck wrote:
Can anyone tell me about this RoomCap Antenna?

The best I can find on the antenna is a picture of what looks like a
piece of PVC with a capacity hat on it.

I keep getting advertisements on the email reflectors and when I check
the website, it asks for me to email for more information. I have
done so several times and never received a response.

What can you all tell me about this antenna?

Thanks,
Buck

http://home.datacomm.ch/hb9abx/ant--abx-e.htm

larry
kd5fo

Thanks, larry, but I have been there. There is not information
directly related to the antenna other than the hype about the antenna
from the maker. I wanted to know more details about whether or not it
is good and just how it is made up.

--
73 for now
Buck
Old May 3rd 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Don

try this one 73 ve7ado

http://www.eh-antenna.com/library/EH...A_FOR_HAMS.pdf

Old May 3rd 06, 10:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

On Wed, 03 May 2006 03:49:40 GMT, "Don" wrote:

try this one 73 ve7ado

http://www.eh-antenna.com/library/EH...A_FOR_HAMS.pdf

"Buck" wrote in message
.. .
Can anyone tell me about this RoomCap Antenna?

Thanks, Don.

--
73 for now
Buck

Old May 13th 06, 08:26 PM
Junior Member

Hi "Buck"

The RoomCap Antenna is NOT an EH-Antenna.
You should know that, if you have read the homepage of
the antenna.
If you really want to know how it works, and you want be be the owner of such antenna, you may obtain the construction guide.
You find all this information on:
http://home.tiscali.ch/hb9abx/ant--abx-e.htm

Please take the time to read all, then you get the right information

with best 73

Felix HB9ABX (the developer of the RoomCap Antenna)

BTW: I sent you a normal email after your first request.
Old May 14th 06, 07:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

Hi "Buck"

The RoomCap Antenna is NOT an EH-Antenna.
You should know that, if you have read the homepage of
the antenna.
If you really want to know how it works, and you want be be the owner
of such antenna, you may obtain the construction guide.
You find all this information on:
http://home.tiscali.ch/hb9abx/ant--abx-e.htm

Please take the time to read all, then you get the right information

with best 73

Felix HB9ABX (the developer of the RoomCap Antenna)

BTW: I sent you a normal email after your first request.

Someone else sent a link to an EH antenna as the answer. I guess they
were wrong. Right now I cannot link to your site. For some reason, I
am unable to send email to your address, I think it has something to
do with spam filters. I get this periodically as someone on bellsouth
sends a message to a spam trap and the entire ISP is blocked.
Likewise, I have not received an email from you, probably because the
address in this is fake due to the magnitude of spam generated.
Someone else did forward an email from you that you send out showing
that what you are doing is selling the information.

No one in his right mind would order an item in which they must agree
to abide by the terms and conditions that they can't read before
buying the product.

Nothing personal, but your website is anything but professional
looking. I do recall the following: you rant and rave about what
others have said that disagree with you or your findings about your
antenna. Most, if not all these arguments, I can only find on your
own site, so your defense against these allegations and the attitude
you portray only distract focus from one's interest, your antenna, and
instead lays it onto your frustration and other's arguments.

Additionally, you could just as easily have posted the required
information about the costs and the obligatory terms and conditions of
purchase of your CD-ROM.

I must say, that based on the information on your site, there is a lot
of controversy over what your antenna actually is, or how it performs.
I notice that you don't actually sell the antenna, only the design
information on a CD-ROM. Of course, that could reinforce the idea
that you could be treading on the EH antenna design patents as someone
else suggested (that your antenna is actually an EH design.)

Personally, I think you could greatly benefit by removing all the
controversy, give a little more detail about your antenna and
specifically, adding the details of your private email that has to be
requested to learn more about the antenna.

How much are the parts required to make the antenna? After you so
carefully protected me from receiving the minimum information on
obtaining more information about the antenna, how do I know you aren't
hiding something else such as a part you manufacture that I have to
buy from you before being able to successfully build that antenna.

In all reality, you have frightened me from buying the information
from you about this antenna. I would like to hear from someone who
has actually gotten your disc and possibly built the antenna so I can
know how it performs from someone else's point of view.

If it performs as well as you claim it does, or if it is similar to
the performance of an EH per size,(for example, hypothetically
speaking, a 3 foot antenna performs as well as a 1/2 wave vertical 20
meter antenna), and if the cost and skill level required for building
the antenna is suitable to me, I might be interested in purchasing the
plans for your antenna.

However, your website leaves me with the impression that you are
afraid of being criticized, almost to the point of paranoia, and from
a business standpoint, I may be the only person who does this, but I
actually READ contracts before I sign them. If I can't read it, it
won't get signed.

This is nothing personal as neither of us knows each other. I am not
accusing you of anything, good nor bad. I am just stating things as I
see them. From what I see on your website only makes me want to know
more from what others who have interacted with your antenna have to
say before I proceed further in entering a contract with you.

Thanks for trying to send me the email. I do get frustrated at this
mess with spam filters blocking all my ham buddies and passing spam
all day long.

73 for now,
Buck
N4PGW

--
73 for now
Buck
Old May 14th 06, 10:50 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
[color=blue]

[...]

Hi Buck and others:

EH-Antenna an RoomCap antenna:

These are two different types of antennas, as the basic principle of the
EH-Antenna is the use of a phase shift network that shall produce a 90 degree phase shift between the current and voltage to the antenna.
This phase shift does not exist in the RoomCap antenna.
But there are further main constructional differences, which can be seen
in detail in the construction guide.

The RoomCap antenna is working basically with the electric field which
is produced into the open space between the radiator and the counter plane.
To achive this, a so called VARYLINK is used to feed the antenna with
an SWR of 1:1 on each band.

The VARYLINK does not exist in the EH-Antenna.

Regarding my personal email:

- First email: hb9abx at tiscali.ch

- Second email: hb9abx-1 at hispeed.ch

Note:
The first construction guides have been mailed 2 weeks ago
and arrived a few says ago. Now many HAMs are working on their
construction. Let's see their results.

Best 73s
Felix HB9ABX
Old May 14th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Yuri Blanarovich

RoomCap Antenna web site proclaims:

"A new, revolutionary design allows the construction of small HF antennas,
which provide the same efficiency as large antennas."

Throw in the perpetuum mobile and the picture is complete.
Imagine, for over 100 years we were stuck on stupid and using them
unsightly, large antennas.

Viva Zapata, Viva la revolucion!

With all them revolutionary antennas arriving on radio landscape I am
ashamed of using them biiiig ugly antennas, when I could have used all those
miracle whip designs and doubled my contest scores.
Time to make room for the new wizards of antenna magique and humbly tear
down unsightly monsters and put up 174 cm miracle whips.

BTW I have discovered way of shrinking RoomCap Antenna (it's called
BUmTenna) on the same principle down to 1/10 size and blew the receiver
front ends in the whole Warsaw Pact. I had to put attenuators in the
feedline in order to protect NATO receivers. I have a CD with detailed
information, Brooklyn bridge drawings are also included as well as swamp
land in Sahara.

Standby for the patent fights between Freaktenna, EHtenna, Univ of RItenna,
RoomCrapTenna, ???tenna

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers who did not abort us!

Yuri da BUm

Old May 14th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen

Buck wrote:
. . .
If it performs as well as you claim it does, or if it is similar to
the performance of an EH per size,(for example, hypothetically
speaking, a 3 foot antenna performs as well as a 1/2 wave vertical 20
meter antenna), and if the cost and skill level required for building
the antenna is suitable to me, I might be interested in purchasing the
plans for your antenna.
. . .

You must mean, "If it performs as well as the EH antenna claims to
perform." If it can do that, it's miraculous indeed. It's no trick to
make an antenna perform as well as an EH -- a 3 foot high (fat) vertical
performs as well as a 3 foot high EH.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Why Antenna Tuners Aren't Necessarily Useful for Shortwave Listening - Question Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna Tuners - Do You Have An Opinion ? Bob Miller Shortwave 40 September 3rd 12 02:15 PM
Why Tilt ? - The Terminated Tilted Folded Dipole (TTFD / T2FD) Antenna RHF Shortwave 2 April 18th 06 10:21 PM
Passive Repeater Bryan Martin Antenna 13 February 10th 06 02:03 PM
Grounding Steve Rabinowitz Shortwave 31 December 14th 05 05:26 AM
Yaesu FT-857D questions Joe S. Equipment 6 October 25th 04 09:40 AM