Old April 30th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

Default Icom auto-tune for screwdriver

http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/706screw.htm

Cecil has the above diagram. Tell me if I am wrong, but would not the
Icom automatically stop tuning the antenna when the swr drops to it's
low if it is below 1.5:1?

--
73 for now
Buck
Old April 30th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Buck wrote:
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/706screw.htm
Cecil has the above diagram. Tell me if I am wrong, but would not the
Icom automatically stop tuning the antenna when the swr drops to it's
low if it is below 1.5:1?

All that circuit does is reduce the power while tuning.
The operator is the only thing that can stop the tuning.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old April 30th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 22:24:12 GMT, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Buck wrote:
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/706screw.htm
Cecil has the above diagram. Tell me if I am wrong, but would not the
Icom automatically stop tuning the antenna when the swr drops to it's
low if it is below 1.5:1?

All that circuit does is reduce the power while tuning.
The operator is the only thing that can stop the tuning.

ok, I thought it would drop the relay when the swr dropped.

Thanks.

--
73 for now
Buck