Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 5th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
switcher

Default added 10 nF to my 1500-700Khz ant loop: -- Result: i'm into LW 216khz !

That's what I did, 10nF added to the loop- var cap setup, and now I see
that RMC INfo on 216 comes in with sig 9... (without loop: about 1).

Strange thing is that with var cap + 10nF the loop only tunes between
say 207 and 225 khz, while on AM (without the 10nF), it tunes 1 MHz wide

explanation ??
I saw that some people make their own var cap ... (with very large
plates...)

Now, I intend to buy some nF caps from 1-50nF or so, to see what's
happening ...

Today I picked up two old grundigs, and after some tweaking (knobs) they
work !
melody boy 500 (excellent condition, the AM-FM- etc knobs aren't touched
....)
and a Yacht boy with lamp, batt indication, AFC ... tunes very well on
SW...
Great sound on both radios ...

---and now, for a great song: ---
http://www.asklyrics.com/display/Chu...rics/12119.htm
----
You're just an antenna, you're just a wire.
There's a thousand tongues wagging in your ears tonight,
And you turn around and you call me a liar.
Lightly babe, oh the fine lights cannot find you.
She stay out my way, it's the pulse I am aligned to.
And everything you say, you'll need that breath one day.
Well, you're just an antenna, you're just a code.
You translate like a book, the fuses all cook.
You eat humble pie and it tastes of the road.
Lightly babe, oh the fine lights cannot find you.
She say, that's the way, that's the fate I am resigned to.
And everything you say, you'll need that breath one day.
You're just an antenna, you're just a gauge.
You disturb my slumber and round up the numbers
And put them inside your velvety cage.
Lightly babe, oh the fine lights cannot find you.
She say, make my day, and the sunlight will not blind you.
Lightly babe, oh the fine lights cannot find you.
I may never pray to the fortune that's behind you.

--
een appeltje te schillen met http://applefaulty.be
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/bwnl.htm