Old December 21st 03, 08:32 PM
N2ION

Default WTB: SONY TV REMOTE

I'M IN NEED OF A SONY RM-761A REMOTE CONTROL

EMAIL IF YOU HAVE ONE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old December 22nd 03, 02:31 PM
Richard Harrison

N2ION wrote:
"I`m in need of a Sony RM-761A remote control."

If you can`t wait to use a remote control with most Sony consumer
appliances, I`ve found universal controls packed with instructions to
program them for a particular brand and or model of appliance work.

Difference in price is usually determined by the number of different
appliances the single remote control is capable of controlling. The same
universal remote may control TV, VCR, disc player, etc.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old December 22nd 03, 05:41 PM
Uncle Peter

"Richard Harrison" wrote in message
N2ION wrote:
"I`m in need of a Sony RM-761A remote control."

If you can`t wait to use a remote control with most Sony consumer
appliances, I`ve found universal controls packed with instructions to
program them for a particular brand and or model of appliance work.

Difference in price is usually determined by the number of different
appliances the single remote control is capable of controlling. The same
universal remote may control TV, VCR, disc player, etc.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Many universals don't cover all of the functions needed by Sony
products. And many times the remote is the only way to adjust
certain settings.

Pete

Old December 23rd 03, 04:50 AM
Richard Harrison

Uncle Peter wrote:
"Many universals don`t cover all the functions needed by Sony products."

I bought a Radio Shack 4-in-ONE REMOTE at the Big Lots Store for $6 and
it works the TV, VCR, and cable box. The TV and VCR are Sony. Some RS
Stores still sell this remote.

I tried to use the Radio Shack remote with a Phillips TV to no avail, so
I bought a Phillips universal remote and it works just fine except this
universal remote has no return to previous channel switch. Target gets
$8 or $9 for the Philips (Magnavox) universal remote.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI